NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

What does 1 box + summer indicate?

1 Like

yup its pretty odd how the portal works. the reason why we’re thinking summer is the good one is because the accepted ED students only have summer in their portals currently

What if it’s only summer?

Why do I have three tabs: Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Academic Year 2021-2022 lmaoo

I have the same question

did you always have that or did it change from spring and summer to that?

I think they said only summer indicates a positive outcome

thats what the normal housing portal appears like. if you have no button updates (aka both) then it means nothing. if only summer/summer + academic year is present and there’s 1 button thats what we think may be the positive indicator, but with RD it’s difficult to tell

It changed from Spring + Summer to Spring + Summer + Academic Year. I’ve taken ARISE program at NYU before so it might keep my spring tab up there, I’m not sure

when did it change?

I hope so!

1 Like

My buttons updated today lol, and “Academic Year 2021-2022” appeared in my housing portal afterwards, but my spring 2021 tab didn’t disappear : )

no they have summer and academic year

honestly its so weird this time around so please don’t be discouraged. i will say however i’ve noticed pretty much everyone who didn’t get updated on on the first wave still has spring so it may indicate that the first wave was for the accepted students

2 Likes

u r scaring me…is it only summer or summer+academic?

Haha thanks, let’s all hope for the best

1 Like

of course!! i’ll let you know that there were students who didn’t get updated until the last day during both ED and RD last year who got accepted :slight_smile: so there’s really no set way to tell until wednesday

6 Likes

so what is summer only?

Even idk…they said summer+academic is a positive indicator

1 Like

Summer only is not being able to access the academic year box through the trick. Ik this portal stuff is insane, but some people still have summer only after doing the trick.