NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

how do we check the housing indicators?

I have that too and im not planning on commuting (although I could if I wanted to)

1 Like

Again that’s consistent with my situation since I was admitted to both a Summer math program and Precollege at NYU two years and one year ago, respectively.

absolutely no way i would want to commute to the city even if i had my own car. that george washington fee is not pretty

alright i’m in the boat of 1 button + spring DC + summer NYU + summer only. my stern email also doesn’t work, but it kind of makes sense that they wouldn’t go ahead and make emails for people that might not attend the school unlike ed I/II. honestly all just speculation but i’m bored right now so might as well have some fun

since its not the nyc thing im thinking it may be the ‘ppl who have previously had a nyu netid for any sort of reason’ kinda thinh

pls i live closer to the faux campus than any of the dorms and still dont want to be a commuter

I live in Staten Island, I’m gonna have to commute :sob:

when i was applying i wasn’t thinking realistically at all. rutgers is an hour away from me and i still put commute on my app, i don’t know what i was thinking

Could someone let me know how to check the housing indicators :slight_smile:

im pretty sure u can change ur mind, ur just implying that but its not officially ur status

portal - nyu home - nyu life - housing forms

1 Like

I realized that I’ve been worrying about acceptance this whole time that I forgot about scholarships. Dear lord.

1 Like

thank u!!

check with your town!! often times towns have local scholarships that don’t take a lot of effort to apply to, and you’re way more likely to get them :slight_smile:

yeah that 70k a year isn’t looking too good

crippling debt :skull: :skull_and_crossbones:

If I had to press buttons to get academic year, but my stern email works, do you think that’s a good sign? I have summer+academic+waitlist undergrad. Few people on reddit had working stern emails but had to press the button to get to academic year.

To be fair my income is so ridiculously low that I would be surprised if they don’t cover at least half of my tuition with need-based scholarships. The question is what the rest would be covered with

Another stupid question. If I applied to live on campus but opted to commute, would my financial aid go down (assuming i get any in the first place)? I’m assuming it would but just making sure.