NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

the only indicator that makes sense to me is the waves. Due to people saying accepted are usually are first, meaning thats why everyone with summer only and summer + academic popped up

Last year for regular some people got accepted who had their buttons updated last.

if that theory were to be true, those could maybe be down to the wire people??

yea like people they were hesitant on

when the actual decisions come out, I believe the waves theory is true. in ed1 they posted acceptance then WL then rejections basically 10 minutes apart

what’s interesting too is that the first wave of decisions from last year’s RD were primarily the acceptances. i wouldn’t be surprised if the portal updates prior to decision day are the same way

nyu is 100000% playing us all and laughing at us

1 Like

so did we find a theory we can stand behind finally?

just all the aformentioned ones

I think we need to look at these indicators more generally. Too many people are saying the indicators aren’t accurate because they don’t work 100% of the time. There will always be exceptions to the rule, so you might be accepted if you have the “bad” indicator and you might be rejected if you have the “good” one. Nothing is exact, so just keep that in mind when talking about the portal.

4 Likes

it makes the most since to be due to everyone always saying first is accepted and how everyone who went first got the same thing summer only and summer + academic

1 Like

basically the buttons that updated this weekend/before this weekend

(i have spring summer academic and mind updated i think on friday or before then)

yea

there were people that had updated buttons the day of that got in for ED

yea the ‘down to the wire’ ppl

but the people who get spring and summer won’t have an update because it always said that. so for all we know their decisions could’ve been posted first.

1 Like

the update is the button going away

oh oops lol

2 Likes

you know why i don’t think that’s the case? because they sent the email out on thursday which is when the portal changes began to happen, which implies that’s when they began uploading decisions to the portal

I like the wave portal theory :man_shrugging:t5: maybe middle wave is