NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Does the kid with the spring/summer have one or two buttons?

There are too many messages to find the origin of this button thing, so could someone explain what is happening? What do people mean by spring/summer? Thanks!

Still have two buttons.

What buttons?

For those who have one button, do you also have the option to withdraw your application? Housing has a Spring and Summer option.

everyone can withdrawl?

1 Like

They aren’t really buttons, more like blue banners. One allows you to update your application and the other allows you to update personal information. Theory, only one banner means a decision on your app has been reached. You then go to the housing portal to see if you have spring plus academic year (signals acceptance), anything else doesn’t appear to be an acceptance. Again, this is all speculation.

1 Like

it still gives me the option to withdraw

1 Like

Not that kid, but have one button plus spring and summer on the housing portal.

I only have the personal update request button. I have the ability to withdrawl. I also have spring and summer housing. What does this indicate?

1 Like

we dont know we just kinda vibing with the wave theory

1 Like

ughhhhh

hey if it helps, summer students have slightly higher stats than non summer students. not much different tho :confused:

and since shes tisch the gpa average is not as high as other places at nyu

Also, remember that the sampling size of this forum is less than 1% of all applicants, meaning it might not be that reliable

2 Likes

found this on the NYU Waitlist 2024 thread:

“Before RD decisions came out, I had spring(they hasn’t taken it down at that point), summer, and academic year 20-21 housing available on the housing portal. I was able to fill out the academic year form pretty much completely.”

So clearly, if you have academic year, it isn’t a guarantee you’re in. Putting this on this thread so people who don’t have academic year don’t think that it’s over completely for them.

2 Likes

is it bad that i still have 2 buttons?

1 Like

which academic year form?

prob the one thats showing up for people in the housing portal, not sure

My guess as to indicators:

Two Buttons = DON’T WORRY, your decision hasn’t been made yet
Summer+Academic Year+Waitlist Undergrad = Probably in
Summer only = This is also a good indicator
Spring+Summer = Most likely a negative indicator, but you can still get in
Spring+Summer+Academic Year= Not exactly sure, but probably not as negative an indicator as spring+summer alone

All of these are not 100%, but are general trends

I’m basing this off the success rate of the Stern email across the different indicators, as well as the stats of those with different indicators. Those without Spring are generally more likely to access their Stern email, and also have higher stats. As well, the polls show that the majority of people with updated portals have spring+summer. Since the majority of applicants will unfortunately be rejected, this points to that indicator being the “negative” one.

I also think the wave theory has some merit.

Essentially, you can get in with any of these indicators, or you can get rejected with any of them. However, when decisions come I think we will see that most of them followed a certain coherent trend.

10 Likes