NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

significance = 0.01

well the theory would be sham if it went by departments but we know it doesnt if thats what u meant or do u mean individual working ao

Yes, individual AO, for example.

i doubt theyd be allowed to be late on when decisions are suppose to be due. Knowing they have 100K applications to look at. its just banter to speculate

pls no stats rn im on spring break

3 Likes

youll never escape the p value

1 Like

I spent the day kind of in a lull. I woke up to see I had one button, but spring + summer (supposedly the negative indicator).

NYU has been my dream school, and I thought I was relatively competitive.

From Southern California, asian/Caucasian female; Submitted 1490 SAT (730 math, 760 RW); 3.83 UW/ 4.58 W gpa; really solid ECS all relating to service/politics (I indicated the politics major at CAS in my app); and my essays were a 9/10, going off of what a few readers told me… I’ve been on a waitlist streak for a lot of top schools, and I had hope for NYU since prepscholar said I had like a 78% chance of getting in based on stats alone.

Anyways, I know there’s still a chance I get accepted on Wednesday, but it seems like the odds are against me based on the housing portal. Definitely a bit heartbreaking :pensive: but good luck to all, and if anyone has heard of people getting accepted despite only having spring + summer please tell me :weary:

4 Likes

ok two questions.

1. what time does nyu come out on Wednesday?
  2. what are the new theories for portal? how accurate are they?
1 Like

same here! nyu has been my dream school for ages but i have the rejection indicator (gallatin) i think if i do get rejected, the portal hack ultimately was a good thing for me?? because i feel like im lessening the blow. im splitting the sadness between a few days instead of right in the moment

5 Likes

I saw one case in the RD 2024 forum, so don’t lose hope!

3 Likes

i have spring + summer, but what is the “button” you guys are referring to and what do they indicate?

1 Like

I believe in us!

3 Likes

Anyone waiting for USC? Very nervous. I think I have a mere chance.

3 Likes

usually around 12-3 pst and not very accurate for rd

1 Like

me too :slight_smile: and tufts as well

I didn’t apply Tufts. I think it’s too difficult for me. Good luck!

The theories are a mixed bag. They won’t be entirely accurate, but I think we’ll see a general pattern. Other indicators, like the stern email, will probably be more accurate, both that is only for one school

In your applicant portal, do you see one or two turquoise boxes asking for update forms? If there’s only one box, we think it means ur decision was uploaded to ur portal and the housing portal may now be accurate. Supposedly spring+summer is a rejection or possibly waitlist, and summer or summer+academic year is allegedly an acceptance

1 Like

ahh these next two days are gonna be tough! tufts tomorrow and then nyu and barnard on the same day

4 Likes

at least we cann all agree wednesday is gonna be a unique day

5 Likes