NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

was summer only in the 2024 thread?

That’s what I mean when I say spring. Spring/summer people were usually rejected/waitlisted. However, a few were accepted. The takeaway should be that these indicators are loose, and don’t feel discouraged if you get the “negative” one

2 Likes

I don’t think so. But I can check again

i thought i saw someone get in with it, but i heard also peoppe who got in have summer in their portal only so idk man this summer only thing is weird. I went from ED to rd so maybe mine is glitched?

but then again we have to remember there are like 100,000 applicants - so this chat barely represents like 1%. hoping the negative indicators arent true!

1 Like

Yeah it is weird. People are saying summer and summer+academic year will be similarly positive

1 Like

fingers crossed. tomorrow is so far and close at the same time

2 Likes

Exactly, it might all be BS lol

1 Like

Hi, someone on this thread long ago said that nyu typically releases one day before their date. Are we expecting anything today, or is it going to be tomorrow for sure?

(PS: This is only a question. I do not have knowledge about this. If not the case, please do not panic.)

nah they confirmed the 31 is the day, they moved from april 1st to march so maybe thats the one day ahead

okay, thank you! :))

1 Like

what’s your opinion on portal astrology?

1 Like

lmao why is portal astrology so addicting :sob: :sob:

I already got into similar ranked biz schools and probably won’t attend Stern unless they give a lot of aid, but I keep checking my portal, hoping that it’ll switch to one button from two haha.

3 Likes

yeee its real addictive man

2 Likes

Well, if I am being honest, as an applicant, I do want to know my result right now and so grasping at every change seems understandable for everyone here.

At the same time, these indicators are very odd - how can the housing portal indicate your decision when literally anyone can apply for housing even without being a student. Plus, there are no three direct indicators (like there were in for instance, Berkeley). Some people have only summer, some have the academic year, some have spring+ summer, some have all three, so it seems random with none pointing towards a direction.

So, don’t lose hope, and don’t start planning your NYC life just yet, hehe!
All the best x

5 Likes

Stern email trick works for me, I have two tabs in housing for summer and academic year 21-22, but under the academic year 21-22 it says waitlist undergraduate. Does this mean anything? Or no?

we think it’s probably the positive indicator, and coupled with the stern it looks like you have a very high chance of getting in :slight_smile:

we see people with summer only and summer + academic be able to use the email so take it as a good sign if u believe in portal astrology

This is good news to me assuming I’m getting rejected from USC marshalls today :sob:

Does everyone’s academic year button say, waitlist undergraduate? Mine says it.
I’m assuming people without this waitlist undergraduate thing are likely to be accepted.