NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

mine is similar
for spring I dont have a drop down, it just says term classification: waitlist undergraduate and new york
for summer my drop down also include abu dhabi

and then i have one that has the same formatting as my altered spring except titled academic year 21-22

They’re just passing the time, to each their own.

5 Likes

Before COVID, I believe some people did interviews for MLK. As for this year, you marked "Yes’ in a question in the common app asking if you were interested to apply for the scholarship. Then you received a follow-up email with instructions on how to write the essay and what the prompt was etc!

1 Like

its way too early to see the acceptance indicators, dont worry !

My son marked Yes for the scholarship but he never received an email with essay question and we didn’t know there was an essay…I guess he has no chance of getting the scholarship.

No worries, that happened to many students who applied this year but luckily, the essay was optional; and students have gotten into the MLK program in the previous years without essays!

thanks. good to know.

Do we know what like the acceptance rate or so is for the MLK Program? For RD?

It’s like 10-20 ppl lmao not sure why people on this thread think it’s common

1 Like

oh lol wow

Really really REALLY low. NYU is planning on admitting around 60 students into the program from its incoming class. Say if around half of the applicants decided to apply to the MLK scholar program (just a guess), the acceptance rate would be, oh, around 0.1% (one in a thousand). In other words, none of us should hold our breath :slight_smile:

2 Likes

any changes to anyones portal?

nope

Nope ;(

I’ve only heard of people seeing waitlised w academic year, not just academic year. The rest of us have no changes!

When y’all pressed on your application update boxes, did any of you see a yellow box saying something around the lines of “If there’s anything else you’d like to add, please contact ‘nyu email,’ but it’s unlikely we can do anything this late. We look forward to sharing your final decision soon.” That later reverted into the normal checklist of what I could update, but did this happen to anyone else? This happened back in late Feb for me. Spring/Summer 2021 on housing as well.

Ive only pressed the buttons once before and it didn’t happen. Tried again just now and its the normal checklist.

ive still got both my boxes with their checklists and the same academic year waitlist undergrad on my housing portal

Any nursing students on this thread? I feel like most students who applied to NYU Rory Meyers applied to ED or EA

3 Likes

mee