NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hanging out in CC threads also uses time; people look for information to pass the time in different ways. Live and let live.

8 Likes

Touché!!

1 Like

sorry if said before but does anyone know roughly or just guesses when nyu is going to release decisions ?

Emerson RD on the portal posted by March 31 and they announced today. Maybe NYU with April 1st will also be sooner. I have zero chance of getting in, but I just want to know if I got in. I can’t help but be optimistic even though I do really know that I won’t. But it’s my top choice!

1 Like

my guess is 3/30, since they released ED and ED2 on tuesdays, and they also released on 3/30 last year

does anyone know if the MLK Scholars decision are released with the admission decision?

I think you misunderstood? It was usually 30 and this year they doubled that to 60.

“… we will double the size of the program to 60 students per class within a year and enhance the financial support. ”

4 Likes

its unlikely anyone on this thread will get into MLK program

2 Likes

You’re right! I must have read wrong, I just saw someone in 2017 saying they got it and they said they accepted 60 students at that time (before the change had been made) so I assumed they were going to double it to 60 more; my bad!

not you crushing my hopes😭

2 Likes

they’ve always released MLK 2 weeks before RD decision day, so I hope it remains the same this year. an AO in NYU said they were finishing up applications, so hopefully sooner than later

Hey everyone! NYU class of 2024 here! I decided to reminisce on the days where i would check this forum every 2 hours to see if there was a new update.
I’m gonna give a run down of what I had to help y’all.
Before I was accepted officially, I did have all the “portal hints”. They can be a good indicator of ur admission decision, but if u don’t have them it’s not the end of the world. I know plenty of people who did get in without them and plenty of people that had them and didn’t get in.
A major clue for me was right about this time the housing portal had me listed as a “waitlisted underclassman” or whatever it says. HOWEVER!! I was not waitlisted, I got in regular decision. This seemed to be the biggest hint for me and the biggest indicator.
Also please please please do not open the actual housing application before you are officially accepted it will mess it up real bad when u actually go to do the housing application and i can promise u, u do not want to have to deal with the nyu housing department- theyre unpleasant to say the least.
In the end, if u don’t get accepted, it’s NYU loss. I personally love it here minus most of the covid restrictions. (please let me visit my friends that live in the same dorm as me🥲)
Also some promising information that we received from faculty just a few weeks ago was that classes will be 99% in person next semester.

PLEASE do not be afraid to reach out via comment or pm if they still have that feature.
Last but not least, take a break from stressing, college will do that enough for u (I wouldn’t trade anything to be in ur shoes though, I totally get it)

PS. lipton is the nicest freshman dorm i currently live here now and i wouldn’t trade it for the world

27 Likes

Heyy…I don’t know if this was clarified, but does NYU send an email only if you are selected as an MLK scholar or do they they also send rejection letters for the program?

1 Like

this is the most wholesome message on this thread haha, thank you

1 Like

Pretty sure you will receive a decision letter for MLK regardless of whether you got in.

anyone have a link for the housing portal?

https://housing.nyu.edu/apply

if someone gets milk can you say in chat thx

i have 2% milk if you want that

5 Likes

Mine does not list as waitlisted anything. Does anyone have that here?