NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Film & TV at tisch. I don’t think I’ll attend anyways but super proud of myself for the waitlist given it’s one of the most competitive majors at NYU. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think it really comes down to the feel, (price if that’s a determining factor), and also what you want to get out of your major. I applied to both (rejected from both lolz but not the point) Southern California and NYC are two very different places. Even if you do an info session or virtual tour you may be able to figure out which feels more like home to you. Also as far as what you want to study look at the curriculum guides and compare sometimes there is a few classes one may have and the other may not. Another determining factor could be distance from home idk where you live but if you don’t want to go super far and one is closer that could be a determining factor. Also if you are stuck you can join Facebook groups to get a feel for the students and see who you click with better! Both are amazing programs though and would be lucky to have you! You could also email the professors to get to know them better! Best of luck in your journey❤️

2 Likes

D waitlisted Meyers

• no checklist, withdraw button available
  • spring & summer in housing portal
  • CA

last year, she got accepted to Meyers but did not apply for financial aid.

this year, she applied for financial aid and got waitlisted.

1 Like

hi all, what is the chances of getting off the waitlist. i heard this year it will be very fluid but not sure if this applies to nyu

1 Like

Fellow waitlister, I’m not super well-versed in the subject but I would guess a good amount of people get off the waitlist due to many admits declining because it’s too expensive (I know people who had to do this last year). They just don’t give enough merit scholarships and a lot of people accept offers at other schools that are cheaper. I’m not 100% sure though so someone can correct me if there’s other info. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If I’ve been rejected, does that mean it’s from both my primary as well as secondary campus choice?

is it weird that NYU gave me literally no finaid whatsoever like I know they’re not the best with aid but no money at all?? they just gave loans :confused:

heyy fellow waitlister and hermione lover (i am obsesed w hp), but thank you for the information! if you want to talk about this more just pm me for discord or smth if u have it :slight_smile:

1 Like

My son was admitted to the Tandon School of Engineering. he applied for CS but nowhere does it say he was admitted for CS. Am I missing something?

rejected from stern—really crushed

i dont think i have much hope for the ivies now lol i’ve gotten rejections from a couple schools now

4.5 weighted gpa, 4.0 uw
34 act
top 5% in class
lots of leadership for multiple years, lots of awards from state to international levels, great extracurriculars and very committed, good essays

idk what’s up

2 Likes

It is a very tough year to be applying to college. My daughter has outstanding stats as well graduating top 1.5% of her class. Well qualified for every school she’s applied to including 2 Ivies. Denied at 2 and waitlisted at 2 (NYU and Berkeley) We emphathize with your disappointment However she’s been accepted to 5 including her 1 safety. We have been flabbergasted by a couple of the decisions but as I always have told her “until you get the decision letter, nothing is guaranteed no matter how awesome you are”. College admissions process is brutal (even more so this year). This is my second kid to go through it. However, Believe in yourself - be proud of your accomplishments and look forward to the opportunities you have and make the most of them. No matter where you go, your success depends on you. Good luck.

7 Likes

D21 is journalism CAS.

Psychology in CAS. Is there a gc with all the waitlist ppl?

Accepted to NYU Gallatin
For future reference:
-Summer 2021 and Academic Year 2021-22 “waitlist undergraduate”
(I had to fiddle around with the portal to get the academic year to show up tho)
-No checklist + no withdrawal button

Stats for those interested:
SAT: 1380
GPA: 4.0W

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

1 Like

for future applicants if u get summer only u solid, all the ones i knew got in

3 Likes

so are you accepted or waitlisted? What does everyone mean when they are writing about ‘Academic Year’ and ‘Summer’. Thanks, guess I’m clueless.

Any other hospitality majors? D was admitted for Hospitality and Tourism Management at the Johnathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality (SPS). It does not seem to be popular here — probably because it’s one of the few regular undergraduate degree programs at SPS. Anyone?

Accepted to NYU Gallatin

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE :slight_smile:

(had only summer 2021 in housing portal )

Hi, I was accepted. When people talk about “summer 2021” and “academic year 2021-22, waitlist” they are referring to what’s in the NYU housing portal. Essentially, before NYU decisions were released, people where looking for signs in the housing portal that they got accepted which people refer to as “indicators”. Many people had different things in their housing portals. Some had a button that said “summer 2021” others had something that said “spring 2021” and so forth. People were theorizing what this could possible mean in terms of acceptance. Many people thought that if your housing portal said “academic year 2021-22 and summer 2021” that meant you were accepted. Many people also thought if it said “summer 2021 and spring 2021” that meant you were rejected. However, this was all pure speculation. So after I got my decision I came here to update about what my housing portal said and my actual decision so that people in the future can have an idea of what the “indicators” of acceptance actually are. Idk if that made any sense but I tried my best to explain lol.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!