NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Mine says Spring 2021 option NYU DC & Summer 2021 option NYU New York

Does this mean anything???

Where do you see those? I cannot log in the housing portal at all.

Edit: found it in the housing application. There are only Spring and Summer 2021, while we are applying for Fall 2021. I am pretty sure those are only as place holders.

Supposedly as we get closer to decisions, the specific housing options shown in the portal will be a predictor of admissions decisions - accept, reject, waitlist. There are other rumored portal indicators too. You’d have to read through the previous (and long) NYU decision threads to learn more. But, I couldn’t figure it out even after reading. I tried. Hopefully, a kind person who is in the know will jump on this thread at some point and explain the portal indicators to me like I’m three years old.

2 Likes

Haha, I’m sure it’s too early to tell anyways. These “indicators” will most likely show up a week or so before decisions come out.

1 Like

I have no idea where to find the housing portal lol

About the housing portal. It seems as though it is too early for indicators, I’m pretty sure everyone’s will say Spring 2021 and Summer 2021. I just read last year’s thread, and the earliest mention of the portal saying Academic Year 2020-2021 (supposedly an indicator of admission) was around March 9-10. It is only February now, so I doubt our portals have been updated to reflect admission. If anyone sees “Academic Year” lmk.

2 Likes

My housing portal changed. Summer 2021 just got added for me. It now says:
NYU Spring 2021 with “NYU Washington DC”
NYU Summer 2021 with “NYU New York”

1 Like

what housing portal?

https://housing.nyu.edu/apply

1 Like

I accidentally clicked on Summer 2021 and selected NYU NY to see what happened and it instantly logged me out LOL

1 Like

Another indicator for Stern applicants only. Go on to gmail.com, click sign in, and type in (your)
netID@stern.nyu.edu. If it redirects you to a Stern page, it seems to indicate an acceptance. Prior posts indicate this “trick” only works a few days/a week before decisions, but I’m curious if anyone is getting redirected already.

Guys, don’t look for indicators yet… its way too early :joy: I was an accepted ED2 applicant and indicators started showing only a few days before the decision. If you have any questions. Feel free to ask me!

1 Like

Thank you!! Yes!!

Could you tell us which indicators u saw? please :relaxed:

The indicators during the ED1 and ED2 processes were accurate, so this may also be likely for regular decision applicants. When you log onto your admissions portal, you should see two buttons on the right side, “NYU Personal Information Update Request” and “NYU Application Information Update Request”. When these buttons disappear, it means that a decision has been made for you. After that happens, you go on the housing portal website to check for the indicators at the housing portal. https://housing.nyu.edu/apply On the housing portal, if you see any applications, then it means that you were rejected or deferred. If it says “No Apps” or “No Application”, it means you were accepted! This only works when the two request buttons disappear. It’s too early right now so wait until a few days before the decision’s release. When the two request buttons disappear!

8 Likes

thank you so much!!

So I applied as a transfer student, and for me when I click application status it isn’t showing. It says, “Welcome! If you have been offered admission you will click on the button above to go through the process to accept or decline the offer.” Did it say that for you when you got accepted?

Can someone applying to Gallatin share their stats pls?

When I was accepted, it did say "Welcome! If you have been offered admission you will click on the button above to go through the process to accept or decline the offer.” And there was a button for me to accept and enroll.

1 Like

That’s so interesting maybe its a glitch because for me, there’s no button, it only says that.