NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Alright guys, I’m looking through the 2024 thread and looking at students who have certain indicators. Here are a few key ones:

“ACCEPTED INTO LIBERAL STUDIES FOR GLS!!! SAT 1430 4.0UW 4.18W I got my decision at 11:47 AM EDT and got my financial award as well. For future applicants: in my housing portal I have had “Academic Year 2020-2021” and “Waitlist Undergraduate” for maybe almost a month now. Congrats to those accepted…”

“I didn’t check for the checklist but my housing portal said “Waitlist Undergraduate” for the housing option for the 2020-2021 academic year and I was just accepted into Tandon”

“waitlisted CAS – had the housing portal with academic year 2020-2021 up for a while now”

“By the way, I was accepted and I only had Summer available on the housing portal”

“Hi everyone! I am a bit confused over a couple of things. So I have the Spring and Summer 2020 in my housing portal, but no academic year 2020-2021 or waitlist, and when I go onto the Albert bursar esuite thing, I cannot find where the drop down menu is. I went into make a payment, and was able to pay something even though the balance in my account is $0. I also have a student ID in profile, that is different from my NYU ID and Net ID and I have an NYU email in my classes. Is this what everyone is seeing? Also, where should the payment drop down menu be? I hope this means nothing because I am stressing over it. I hope we all get in!”

I looked at their account and they were eventually waitlisted at CAS.

Hello,
So I’ve been reading through all of 2023 College confidential NYU RD posts. The data I’ve gathered is that according to one student, they had no changes to their housing portal and it was consistently Spring and Summer and that they got into NYU. I believe NYU might be trying throw us off here and that it doesn’t mean much for housing portals.
I did want to check if everyone’s Albert (under financial aid) said Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) because I don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing. There was no one indicator as you could see by the mixed results.

I also saw this post that may be super helpful: NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision - #354 by 2020senior12345

I highly suggest everyone stop speculating and stressing yourselves out.

11 Likes

im pretty sure the common thing is they don’t have spring…

yea i feel like theres no one set specific positive indicator, just one set bad one lol (aka spring 2021 dc)

1 Like

Could spring have been a bad indicator ED because of indicating deferral? (Like their app was moved to spring 2021’s pool)? just a thought but it might make sense as to why not many people have it now

nah ppl who had spring were like everything but accepted
it was all deferred/waitlisted/rejects

1 Like

nyu defers 5% of applicants. Spring was reject or waitlist

2 Likes

i was surprised by that one waitlist w academic year tho i havent seen that before just acceptances

i’ve honestly never heard of the academic indicator before lol.

probs just an RD thing

1 Like

yah I think so

just got rejected from michigan as well, another rejection is gonna suck

1 Like

I just found one Spring with an acceptance. Here’s what it said:

i was the one who had the spring admissions notif on my housing portal this morning and it was right!
Accepted to Steinhardt for Spring 2021
3.7 UW 3.9W
33 ACT
does anyone know where to find our financial aid awards lol

Edit: Nvm it’s for Spring 2021 lol
Edit 2: Someone said on the 2024 megathread:

i just logged in. I only have summer 2020 and spring 2020

They were accepted into CAS. Take that as you will.

Same! I’m worried!

me too! I have a friend who was accepted RD that said her buttons didn’t change until a couple days before so I’m hoping we don’t have to worry

ED 2** not RD sorry

um, is the housing page down for y’all?

yes

y’all made them mad LOL they said no more housing portal fun

honestly, it’s probably better this way. NYU should shut down this stuff if they can’t stop it from leaking

6 Likes

how many days before is “a couple days” because we’re like five days away