NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Is applying for housing something separate that needed to be done when applying?

well I am from NYC so I applied as someone who will commute

You are able to mark on the application whether you are applying for housing, commuting, or getting housing “off campus”

1 Like

Ok, so if nobody is seeing Academic Year yet then I feel a bit better having Spring 2021 with Washington D.C. Do you guys see Spring 2021 too?

Yeah that’s all I have

Didn’t somone say that for the housing app thing to mean something the two update buttons would have to disappear from your NYU portal? Unless those are gone I still think it’s too early to tell…

1 Like

Yes - I think the two buttons have to change first before housing means anything. I really hope so because I’m only seeing Spring, Washington DC in housing :disappointed:

Ok, me too! Nobody is reporting seeing Academic Year. Perhaps it means changes are coming!

yall the housing stuff will change clsoer to decision day, i dont think it really matters as of now

1 Like

changes are not coming soon it is march 9

Where do you find “Academic Year”? I can only see Spring: Washington DC.

There is no academic year yet for most people. I’ll explain what it means.
In the past, the housing portals seemed to have a connection with admission decision.
If you saw academic year 2021-22, it meant you had a good chance of getting in.
I was worried because I saw Spring 2021 Washington D.C. and in the past it typically went with a denial or waitlist.
However, nobody seems to have academic year yet, everyone here has Spring 2021 Washington DC. I don’t think it means anything yet because there is no way we all got denied lol. Someone would have said something by now.
I think the housing portal is definitely getting updated though! I do agree it might be too early to tell.

This only works if you applied for housing , correct?

this is what i see. am i in the right place? i found “nyu housing portal” on google and then logged in

1 Like

that’s what i see too.

can someone send the link if you were looking elsewhere to see the DC housing?

See that’s so weird. I see that on my phone but on my computer I see the Washington DC
I don’t think that’s the right link!
I did what you just did with looking up housing and now I see what you see.
Let me send you where I am seeing Washington DC: https://housing.nyu.edu/apply

on that one i see washington dc too!
this is where i was seeing the other thing:

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 12.52.18 PM

from https://housing.nyu.edu/apply

1 Like

Yes I see exactly what you see from NYU Housing Application Portal
Now I am so confused lol.