NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

okay, i think that just means that it means nothing lol. i’m sure we’d have to wait a few more weeks for indicators anyway

I wonder which one is the correct link though.

i think it’s neither. you can see at this link that it takes you to a more general portal. i think your link is the one people were using as an indicator before, though

Guys!!! Please try to relax about the housing and the potential indicators prior to the decision!! We will get a decision within a few weeks. Stressing about potential early indicators will do nothing to help your admissions chances, and will likely only stress you out further (when you should focusing on maintaining your grades and ECs, which colleges DO care about if they waitlist you). I really recommend taking a break from incessantly trying to figure out your admissions decision now. It is possible that the officers haven’t even made a finite decision about you yet.

12 Likes

Hi everyone! I am wondering if NYU allows double majors across schools. For example, Psychology B.S. at Steinhart and Marketing B.S. at Stern. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey guys!! I applied to be considered for HEOP back in December. I haven’t heard anything from admissions or the financial aid office. No interview. No update. Nothing. Should I reach out to admissions?

I suppose it can’t hurt. FWIW, my daughter was interviewed a couple of weeks ago.

Hey y’all! I just wanted to contribute in some way to lower stress for/contribute to this NYU application community, so I came up with song recs to play after you get a decision. I am in love with Sara Bareilles so here are songs of hers for each decision scenario:

Acceptance!: “I Choose You” or “Chasing the Sun” (or both if you feel like doing a lot of dancing!)
Waitlist: “Love Song” (if you don’t like the school that much) or “Gravity” (if you love the school)
Denial: “Little Black Dress” or “King of Anything” (literally what I am listening to all day now to get my rejection mentality set).

2 Likes

I’ll reach out tomorrow. Thank you! Best of luck to your daughter!

1 Like

greetings from ur ed2 wl bud, me,

I was not planning on entering another nyu forum since i withdrawn wl actually… but I cannot let the housing portal annoys more potential applicants, as it went terribly stressed and rude in the ed2 forum (and bad enough for cc admin to clear a great portion of the forum, by two hours before decisions come out)

the housing indicator was basically accurate in the ed2 round (although there was a single person who get no apps didn’t get in, so be aware it is a still theory, not facts. The sample bias is there and less rejected/wl applicant tend to share their results on cc) However, it seems like the housing portal IS NO LONGER THE SAME and there is NO WAY to know your results by now… Even if the “no apps” thing still exist (which is unlikely since they updated the housing portal), it would change to “no apps” a week before decisions come out, so there is no reason to stress about it right now.

I wish you all could get into nyu and enjoy ur years at nyc.

5 Likes

Did everyone apply to NYC campus as 1st choice? If so did you select Abu Dhabi or Shanghai as an alternate? If denied from NYC but offered AD or SH… would you seriously consider enrolling?

Or did anyone apply to just AD and/or SH? If so, what was your reasoning?

Hi Necks97,

• Not everyone is applying nyc as first choice.

• Yes, you can select AD or SH as alternative on nyu nyc application.

• Only if u applied ed at nyu nyc but accepted to alternative campus: you can be released from ed agreement.

• i assume u meant to reply to the whole forum instead of me, and i know people only applying for shanghai because she wants to stay close to her family and shanghai is a fabulous city in my opinion.

• the reasons are different for everyone but just to name a few: a really diverse student body in all three campus, and earning an real nyu degree in an abroad campus, smaller class size and new facilities in AD and Shanghai. the AD campus is probably one of the most stunning campus ever.

I applied with NYC as my first and only choice. AD and Shanghai campuses are no joke and are huge commitments. I considered including Shanghai but didn’t after doing some research. Many people stated that it’s very difficult to become acclimated if you know nothing about the culture or language in Shanghai.

ik the housing portal thing is probably inaccurate anyway but if I have spring and summer with NYC as an option for the summer, is that a good sign?

no the only thing that matter is if it says no apps available and it won’t say this for weeks

I used to have spring and summer but now I just have spring with Washington DC. Nobody has reported having “no apps” yet so I don’t think housing indicators can be used at this time. We probably won’t know until the end of March. :wink:

Update: Actually my portal just changed back to both Summer and Spring 2021 lol.

1 Like

May I ask the foreign applicants (International) if many received an email regarding whether we applied for FAid or not? It is an email to remind us to submit all papers if seeking FAid (otherwise, disregard the email).
Thank you.
All the best to all!

Yup

My housing portal hasn’t been able to load or log in for a few days now. Before I was able to see the usual Summer and Spring 2021. :eyes:

I just logged in to my housing portal and the summer application tile came up. Now I have spring and summer. Is it the same for everyone else who has access to the portal?