NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

We are referring to the buttons in the application portal to request an update to our application

Ok. Thank you.

1 Like

when you open your portal, does it take you straight to this link??
https://globalhome.nyu.edu/services/life

confused atm bc i tried to open my portal and this came up instead. not sure if it’s indicative of any admission status yet considering tuesday is when decisions are releasing…

1 Like

It doesn’t take me there but I am able to login. Idk why it takes you to a specific page of the NYU home website though

i’m able to access pretty much everything… this is weird.

1 Like

what happens when you click on the personal update button?

Yea NYU is weird with that applicants have access to almost all internal systems.

1 Like

true but i can sign up for summer housing and deposits and everything.

Yea, unfortunately not an indicator though. Almost everyone can do the housing deposit and register for whatever appears in the portal

does it show “official nyu email” when you access settings on nyu home?

Is it your netid@nyu.edu? Yes, it is assigned to everyone.

Isn’t the summer/fall housing stuff indicative of anything? I just find it weird that I’m able to access anything a student could.

In past years having nothing, summer, academic, or spring, or some combination was an indicator of something. Unfortunately in last year and this ED round housing was significantly less indicative then it had been before.

1 Like

I see! So the jury’s still out on the portal astrology until decisions are released tomorrow, yes?

Unfortunately yes :frowning:

2 Likes

When you go to NYU Home-- are you able to see a thing called “NYU life”, like right below Academics and Research

1 Like

Yes I’m pretty sure everyone has access to it

Ah, I see. Thanks!

2 Likes

does the stern email trick work for anyone?