NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

The number of students is not too significant. But the number of applications each student is filing has increased. Students are concerned about getting into their college of choice and, as a result, have increased their scope.

2 Likes

Exact same

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Same here

Login to start.nyu.edu works

1 Like

is this indicative of anything for someone applying to Steinhardt?

is there still any hope if i l only see 1button+summer at this point :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It is all a created vicious cycle. By keeping advertising the manipulated low admission %, colleges increase the stress for the next batch of students. Due to that the next batch apply to even more schools thinking they need to be safe. That’s how it works. I think their goal is to ultimately get to 0% admission rate lol. Also by making it test optional and eliminating any objective cutoff criteria, they encourage more apps from a lot of students and parents thinking they have a chance causing a self-feeding cycle. Number of high school graduates is even declining in some states and is causing smaller colleges to close. Wealth/reputation inequality between top colleges and rest is increasing, causing more students to apply to T50. But primarily lack of any objective cutoff criteria, like SAT used to be, and increased marketing that they received more apps than last year is driving more apps through common app.

1 Like

Hi, I have the Academic Year Application tab for my housing application portal. Does this mean anything? I am able to put in information and everything after I click on the link.

1 Like

I can log in

1 Like

Feels like brightspace could be an indicator then. If that’s the case that’s me done :confused:
We’ll soon see in a few hours, when hopefully we can reach a clear conclusion about all this astrology to help the next years’ applicants

1 Like

I sincerely predict a school will hit a <1% total admission rate within five years or less. If you parse for RD only some are already close.

I do wonder if one or more of the elite schools will try something radical to break the cycle, and if eventually others follow. Not sure what that would be. One thought would be to pressure the Common App to gradually reduce its applications cap.

2 Likes

all my portal has cleared out. checklist etc. Is it the same for you guys too?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Can everyone log into bright space?

1 Like

No. It says invalid user.

Same

What do you see if you click the homemade portal on this link? I’ve seen admitted student day registration have meaning on other colleges, wondering if NYU might have done it too.

https://connect.nyu.edu/portal/events?tab=on_campus

1 Like

You are unauthorized to see this page.

3 Likes

Ok that’s what I see too