NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

DamN i should have gone for steinhardt :pensive::fist:

Does everyone still have buttons? I still have the personal update request one.

2 Likes

That’s the only button I have left too

1 Like

We are waiting for Tisch for my son.

All the best everyone for tonight!

3 Likes

Same

2 Likes

Good luck to your son : )

1 Like

NYU’s official policy is that they are committed to meeting 100% of demonstrated financial need for all admitted students. However, they are only need-blind for domestic students, meaning an applicant’s ability to pay will not be a factor in the admission of a domestic student. They are need aware for internationals, so the ability to pay could affect admission of an international student.

1 Like

So would an international student who didn’t apply for financial aid increase any chances?

Chances would be equal to a domestic student or at least closer to one

3 Likes

Yes. If applying for financial aid would have demonstrated your financial need, that could potentially negatively impact one’s chances as an international student. If you don’t apply for financial aid, they have no reason to take need into account (thus the “need aware” name) and your chances would be more on par with that of a domestic student

1 Like

Really?! Wow! Well that’s good to know! But again, who knows. I feel like I’ve been shocked with admission decisions I have seen all year lol it is what it is at this point! 7 hours to go… :grimacing::crossed_fingers::purple_heart:

2 Likes

everyone just stay calm and best of luck!! us in the ed round could not find anything very conclusive with any indicators, only that right before 4 pm (~30 mins), admitted students were able to access their housing application for the school year

5 Likes

no use in worrying about all that, just enjoy your day and i wish the best for everyone tonight!

2 Likes

Does anyone else have the ability to deposit for fall term in the Bursar eSuite?

1 Like

I do!! Unfortunately it’s something everyone can do according to past posts though :confused:

I wish they didn’t give applicant access to all this random stuff and websites then :sob::sob:

3 Likes

My understanding is that the International student financials are looked at before offering admission.

1 Like

This is it guys, by end of this week all results will be out. Any Collaborative arts applicants in the thread? What are the other options you all are considering?

1 Like

By the end of today**

1 Like

Ivy day is Thursday.