NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yeah i mean like 2025, but now the whole portal stuff is pretty random

I wouldnt read too deeply into this. Removing these buttons is a necessary step to decision release.

4 Likes

All my buttons are gone

2 Likes

At least for rice, the withdraw button waitlist theory didnā€™t turn out to work

Yea. Its definitely not an exact science.

Actually UCAS Model in UK is very efficient.

One can only apply to a maximum of 5 universities and only to one of Cambridge or Oxford. Only One app fee and not per institution.

If none of the 5 colleges give acceptance, then applicants can apply to others. That is the only way to get this under control and reduce the stress for students/parents and reduce the application fees. But of course in USA we have to go through the full stress for everything including education. Just imagine if one actually spends this much effort in mastering subjects rather than wasting time on writing essays. The whole senioritis and wasted app effort is leading to reduced learning.

5 Likes

According to last years thread, if you click this link and see something right before decisions come out (like maybe 1 hr-30 mins before) it means you got in. Not sure how reliable that is though. Can anyone confirm from ED applicants?

https://connect.nyu.edu/portal/adresource

Albert says

Albert Downtime

Due to required system maintenance, Albert and Albert Mobile will be unavailable from 5pm to 11m ETā€¦

1 Like

same

Also UCAS is like $30 for all 5 schools. And the UK system has less emphasis on ECs and more on test scores, personal statement. Only 1/5 of them wanted my transcript just AP scores

Oh wait guys btw when i sign into nyu home thereā€™s a little red 1 next to my favorites now. is the same thing happening for everyone??

2 Likes

iā€™m getting portal is inactive right now so i guess they havenā€™t put this up yet

1 Like

did the stern email trick work for anyone?

still isnā€™t working for me. idk if itā€™s worked for anyone or if they finally fixed it this year

This is different for me too

Mine has been 1 in favorites for the past few days, but this morning it changed to 2. What does your housing portal say?

1 Like

US is a great country, but applying for college is the worst in the world. College admission is not based on GPA and other testing scores, but emphasis on EC and leadership, that is why so many graduates are good at talking, but is not good at doing and is also reluctant to do basic things. The whole process is too stressful for students and parents. Each family has to spend so much money for applying fees, essaysā€¦.

4 Likes

Same

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 11.28.42 AM
This is how mine looks right now. I also had 1 in favorites until this morning.

3 Likes

that is just because albert has a new maintenance message

1 Like