NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Great question! My daughter just sent the unofficial on the portal.

1 Like

NYU does consider unofficial transcripts from an applicant, which should be well supported by a counselor’s official transcript as and when it’s available.
https://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/how-to-apply/all-freshmen-applicants/SRAR-for-first-year-applicants.html

You may submit midterm grades via the SRAR (Self Reported Academic Record) through your NYU Applicant Portal. Just create a free SRAR account then fill in your school courses and grades.

my counselor told me she would upload the midterm grades on the CommonApp “Midyear Report” section, but I don’t know if NYU will download them from there.

as for SRAR, i already submitted mine back in December. do they allow changes for midterm grade uploads? i thought it was only reporting final grades for courses that have already been completed

Yes, CommonApp shall inform NYU regarding your counselor’s update.

Suppose can edit in SRAR and submit again, if for significant update.
(DD submitted her midterm grade in SRAR for decision in Dec, for her application of Spring transfer)

FYR, in an email from NYU undergrad admission, i saw this:
“Supporting Credentials for Your Application:
All official application documents can be submitted through the Common Application Recommenders portal, via email by a school official to [admissions.docs@nyu.edu], or by mail. If your email contains attachments, any pertinent documents and supporting information will be added to your application file.”

How do you send an application update to NYU?
The NYU portal is kind of a mess, is it in another tab

1 Like

My applicant OOS has a chance to visit NY for other reasons. Is it worth it to see if the regional admissions officer would be willing to meet? and could this have any impact? Did not apply ED although very very interested in NYU

should be on the right-hand sidebar. do note that the last day to make changes is feb 17 for RD applicants

1 Like

thank you!

good morning,

i just had a question: if my school counselor uploaded a midyear report to CommonApp (considered “official”), i wouldn’t need to upload an unofficial one to the portal right?

1 Like

We weren’t sure, so my daughter sent an unofficial one on the portal too since it’s so easy.

1 Like

My D23’s counselor uploaded the report via Common App. Common App shows it as “downloaded”, and NYU portal shows as “received” next to the line item for mid-year report. If that’s the case for you, there shouldn’t be a reason to submit an unofficial one on the portal, too.

3 Likes

Can we upload said report, or just the counselor?

only the counselor can upload an “official” report to the commonapp

2 Likes

Thank you! I knew they had to be the one to send anything official, I just didn’t know if by looking at common ap we could see if they had been sent/received.

1 Like

In common app, click on the NYU application. Click on the Recommender section of that application. At the top of the page, scroll to where it has your counselor section is. You should see the line items for Counselor recommendation and school profile, and other line items, which include the mid-year report. If there’s a date next to it, it means it’s either been “submitted” by the counselor on that date or “downloaded” by the college by that date (as indicated in that section). Either way, a date means that it’s been submitted, at the least. You can also confirm this by going to the applicant portal and seeing if there is a line item listed as “mid-year” and then whether there is a date next to it, which also indicates that it’s been submitted and received by the school.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll check it out! It’s Binghamton I’m really curious about

NYU is my daughter’s ultra reach so we’re pretty sure she won’t get in either way. But she’s keeping really good grades even with tough classes senior year (plus the fall play and spring musical which are a TON of work) so we’re really proud either way.

2 Likes

I don’t think Binghamton requires a mid-year report (according to the College Information page of their tab, they only list School Profile, Final Report, and 1 Teacher evaluation). However, if you requested the mid-year report for Binghamton from your counselor and if he/she uploaded it, it will show up in the line item of the Recommender section of Binghamton. However, since it is not something that is required by Binghamton, Binghamton’s portal may not necessarily show it or track it.

1 Like

Thank you! No, they don’t. When my daughter was deferred EA to RD (:sob:) she did send her first quarter grades with her LOCI, and they said they didn’t need any further information. I just looked on Common Ap like you suggested, and it looks like this for EVERY school
she’s been admitted to four of them (and also invited to apply for Syracuse ‘s Coronat scholarship) so clearly the schools have the info, but why does it say “Not Started”?! So no clue if they sent mid year grades. It really only matters for Bing (she put them in the portal for NYU, not an option for Binghamton) Sorry if this is getting off track, I can start a new thread or DM!

Hello - My son just traveled from where we live in CA to NY to audition for Steinhardt Jazz program. He fell in love the school and program. Was anyone else here part of the Jazz auditions? The dept invite was so warm and welcoming. Now I’m curious how many students actually get admitted to the program and do students who auditioned find out the same day that the school releases all other decisions. This is sooooo nerve-wracking :frowning:
Any info is super appreciated.
Thanks!

3 Likes