NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Dang I got into nyu for ed2 and deferred from Ed Chapman then rejected. Weird sometimes

2 Likes

Accepted to Gallatin!

3.7 uw/4.5w, submitted predicted IB scores (predicted 36 w/o CAS/EE/TOK)! Student body president of 1800+ kid school, member of a couple minor clubs, wrote my essay the day of LOL. Didnā€™t get any FA but wasnā€™t expecting to.

Portal astrology: Summer + academic year in housing portal and gained access to admitted student portal about 2 hours in advance.

This was my last decision, and the thing Iā€™ve learned is that everything is a crapshoot, so donā€™t be too hard on yourself. Iā€™m turning it down to go to UT Austin because of the cost!

9 Likes

accepted to gallatin

4 Likes

This is exactly how my daughter feels! Weā€™re calling it 6.5 for 7 lol Congrats!

2 Likes

I wish my S23 had done ED2. He did get into exactly one of his top choices though. 2 safeties, and 1 top choice out out 12 apps, including an ED1. (that said my D21 did ED1 and ED2 and wasrejected both times-- so itā€™s not always a win.).

2 Likes

rejected after getting into usc and unc last week

2 Likes

Did they send an email that the decision was in?

Congrats for getting into NYU. The last couple of weeks have been weird. She applied to A LOT of film schools and was only rejected by two, USC and BU, which were not unexpected. But she unexpectedly was waitlisted by Syracuse Newhouse TRF (both parents are alums) and received a rejection from RITā€™s film program trashing her portfolio but asking her to consider another major, as if!

1 Like

That is wise! Having student loans is not worth it in the long run and UT Austin is great!

2 Likes

Waitlisted
4.0 UW, 1540 SAT, 11APs, 3 post-AP math classes
AIME + prestigious music ECs/awards

Accepted: Tufts, Boston College, UCSB (with Regents)
Waitlisted: UCI, UCSD, Wellesley, BU
Rejected: USC, UCLA, Northeastern

Waitlisted - CAS , accepted by Wesleyan and Northeastern, waiting for Barnard and Georgetown

3 Likes

D23 Accepted!! After several waitlists from her favorite UCs, she got into Cal Poly, USC and NYU within the last week. The art portfolio (whether or not they require it and level of detail importance) seems to be the deciding factor. This has been a crazy year!

5 Likes

Is everyone getting an email to check portal even if rejected or waitlisted ? Or just checking portal?

1 Like

tough run here
3.9 unweighted, no APs at my school
finalist national humanities competition
won school top humanities student award

In: Fordham, Pitt, UC Davis, and a UK/IRL school
WL: UC Irvine, BC, NYU
Reject: UCLA, UCSB, one of the HYP REA, USC

Waiting on U of M, UCB, Dartmouth, and one other europe - will likely not get into those

Probably screwed up by not doing ED I / ED II, and maybe not having any targets - but those SLACs didnt appeal to me at all. Without AP courses at my school, state flagship who love AP weighted didnt work either.

Iā€™m grateful for the UK school. F*** this country and what this system has become. Institutional priorities, common app, performative dance of starting non-profits and clubs that are worthless. Headed across the atlantic for greener pastures where they admit on GPA, test score, and your desire around your stated major.

10 Likes

im waitlisted from stern - into from uk 4 a stars a level predicted . amazing letter of continued interest , what r my chances of getting in and when do they tell u earliest

1 Like

Not sure, we just went directly to portal as there was an email a while back saying decision would be ready after 4pm.

Waitlisted CAS :frowning:

Accepted: Umich, University of Virginia, UNC Chapel Hill, Univerity of Florida
Denied: Johns Hopkins
Waitlisted: Case Western, Northeastern, and now NYU

1520 SAT, 4.0 UW, 4.3 W, 10 APs (Only 4s and 5s on exams), 6 Honors, Wrote a childrenā€™s book, Started an environmental campaign w/ 54,000+ petition signatures + news coverage + winning an international campaign comp, dancer for 10+ years, marching band drum major, varsity lacrosse player, etc.

Summer only and 2 favs on home

Still waiting on cornell and Duke (which is my dream school). Congrats to everyone admitted!!

2 Likes

Accepted to CAS! summer + academic apps, 2 favs in albert indicators for next year RD applicants

2 Likes

Accepted to the Tisch School for Music, which was a total surprise since she was not asked to do an in-person audition.

2 Likes

Delete.