NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes, my daughter did for music

BTW they waitlisted 21% of all applicants last year - 15k. According to 2022 thread.

Waitlist moved in May. And not after. By June, they informed classes were closed. Odds are slim. I dont have a CDS with waitlist stats to look at but guessing very very low odds.

1 Like

THIS.

3 Likes

Yep. The performative part!

5 Likes

oh hi! did you apply to yale first round? i think i remember you ! lol

1 Like

whack. good luck!

1 Like

Agreed. We encouraged our daughter to just live her life and do the things she actually enjoys and that feel meaningful to her. It’s worked out she got into top choice school.

2 Likes

3.89uw / 1500 SAT/33ACT (8AP, 16 CC, 5 HL)
CS + Econ in CAS
6fig biz, internship at political camp, Boy Scout, sysadmin
Rejected

4 Likes

Waitlist stats are blacked out on NYU’s CDS

rejected. Statistics

female/3.9 uw/1400 SAT/12 APs/ meaningful leadership and ecs

accepted UConn (but no financial aid), local state school (but not interested)
waitlisted Boston U, Penn State, Carnegie M, Rochester, Syracuse
waiting on Barnard (but not expecting), U Maryland

have no idea what to do.

yes!

1 Like

admitted Stern, for future reference access to homebase portal the day decisions come out is probably the most solid indicator

2 Likes

When does NYU release financial package/ scholarship info etc?

1 Like

Ours was included with our acceptance on the portal.

1 Like

Didn’t realize that, since my son had to run for his rehearshal right after the results came in. Just checked and the offered some Tisch Scholarship to us.

1 Like

Rejected. Applied Stern with older sibling (Stern 2025).
For future applicants portal astrologists. Email invalid Stern email worked for my sibling.
No buttons at the end had one until yesterday. Couldn’t access homebase (“invalid” page), much less admitted student portal. Albert’s Financial Aid Links”(did’nt apply for aid) but "Aid year Accessible (Albert) SAP Undetermined 2023.
Albert home Favorites had 7dots. Housing portal had Summer only. Could access everything on Albert’s portal.

Congrats accepted! And Good luck to all!

3 Likes

Always have this quote What starts here changes the world. No matter where you will end up, you will always be better than NYU. Don’t let NYU rejection stop you. You have a bright future. I am cheering for you. Take it from the ordinary to the extaridnary. god Bless you.

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Son got in GLS. Rejected by northwestern, Vanderbilt. Waiting for Columbia and Duke.

3 Likes

For those of you wondering about numbers - 8% admissions rate with a median SAT of 1540:

NYU today released offers of admission to the Class of 2027. Offers of admission to NYU’s New York campus were made to 8% of applicants—a record. Three of NYU’s undergraduate colleges offered admission to fewer than 5% of applicants.

These talented and diverse students were selected from [nearly 120,000 applications for first-year admission (13% more than last year and another record-setting number of applications). The admitted class represents a median SAT score of 1540.

3 Likes