1560 SAT
12 APs (all 5s on tests)
3 Solid Research Internships with 2 published papers
Great Ecs

Accepted: Johns Hopkins, Penn State
Waitlisted: U Chicago
Rejected: MIT

4 Likes

Did they mention which three offered less than 5% of applicants?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Accepted to Tandon Engineering!

4 Likes

For some reason they do not list the 3 specific schools in the press release this year. But in recent years it has always been the same 3 schools w/ the lowesst acceptance %: Stern, CAS and Rory Meyers (nursing). Here’s last years press release: NYU Sends Out Offers of Admission to The Class of 2026

2 Likes

1540 median? Holy crap. So submitting a 1470 actually hurt me. should have listened to college office on that

2 Likes

does anyone know if nyu gives merit based aid? if so when does it come out/how do i check?

2 Likes

D Accepted : Steinhardt

4 Likes

Not necessarily. We submitted similar to yours, they look at a lot of different things.

2 Likes

My understanding is that it would have already come. We didn’t see any on my son’s offer. Does anyone know if merit scholarships did or did not go out yet? We’d particularly wonder for Steinhardt.

1 Like

They honestly need to go back to the old
SAT from back in the 80’s and 90’s where it was great to get above 600 on a section. I swear in this day and age of an easy SAT, unlimited retakes, and super scoring, an average SAT score of 1540 for admits is mind boggling. It devalues the significance of a high score. And everyone has a 4.0 as well. The system is so broken.

Revamp SAT and ACTs. Get rid of superscoring. Request all scores. And get rid of the rampant grade inflation everywhere. It is doing every student a disservice by making everyone feel they’re qualified for a top level school and they are on paper. Schools have no way of differentiating applicants. It’s a shame.

14 Likes

deleted

6 Likes

almost zero and the merit I know of is affinity groups and such. Nothing available to all students.

3 Likes

Bc we need more diverse student body whom brings different gifts and life experiences to the classrooms - the old days of just scores, etc are over.

4 Likes

Hmmm…. Unfortunately, SAT and ACT will have zero relevance going forward asked barely does now. We are in new times. Those without oppty’s to do all the usual things are getting the hand up. It’s all good.

1 Like

What is tandon acceptance rate? and what is tandon acceptance rate for waitlisted people

1 Like

what r my chances of getting of waitlist - ive done some pretty impressive stuff since time of application

1 Like

DId you find out anything about this for Steinhardt , I did read something a few months ago that NYU was no merit only need based.

1 Like

waitlisted. for math. uw GPA 3.97, 1560 SAT. not that surprising as applied last minute and never visited. already opted out of the waitlist spot. It also is crazy expensive and, for those that wondered, is very limited with merit aid and overall financial aid, so I was fine with this as a parent. (I can’t remember the links -but when stories of students graduating with tens of thousands of student loan debt -I feel like NYU is often a featured college).

1 Like

Son waitlisted at NYU

4.0 UWGPA (#1 in class). 1560 SAT. AP Scholar with all 5’s. Commended status NMSQT. Leadership, unique EC’s, great LOR’s.

Accepted: Northeastern, Boston University, George Washington
Waitlisted: NYU, UCLA
Rejected: MIT

Still waiting for Brown, Columbia, Georgetown

1 Like

Waitlisted for Tisch - this is a total Win as NYU is truly a lottery!!

2 Likes