NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

It’s gone for me as well. Hopefully it’s the same for everyone…

Mines is still there

screenshot?

1 Like

/photos/04dsT7s0gDzEGIztH8zgTiOVg

CC won’t let me upload a screenshot since I just joined but I have the iCloud link here. Put share . icloud . com before you put the /photos

1 Like

That photo just shows the Personal Information Update Request button, which I’m pretty sure everyone still has! The thing that disappeared is a message that used to appear near the top of the portal with the major & college you applied to.

2 Likes

How does NYU handle second/third/fourth choice major and college requests? Do those options increase the chance of getting admission?

2 Likes

Ohhh idk if I ever noticed it lol

3 Likes

D23 once emailed them about the alternate choices, and not in these exact words, but basically the reply was not to get your hopes up about the alternate choices because all the NYU schools are incredibly selective. LOL

hey, i have a question. There was an option for liberal arts core on my common app application. I ticked it. But my main area of study and major that i selected is also Economcis. Does that mean, if i get in, i will be admitted for econ or for the liberal arts core??

Or was that section for, if i dont get admitted for econ, there is an option for liberal arts core?

Please help

2 Likes

I only have one update bar. The personal info one

1 Like

Second option. They understand that CAS Economics is your primary intention, but will consider you for liberal arts core if necessary

1 Like

summer, nothing else, one button

How’s everyone’s Housing Application Portal? I have summer and academic year 2023-2024. I heard some don’t have the academic year 2023-2024

This is what my portals look like so far. Though, it seems like in past years most ‘indicator’ changes happened between the last Friday before decision release week (aka tomorrow) and decision day itself. TBH I’m just bracing for Tuesday at this point.

There are rumors from previous years’ students that if you have Academic Year for housing, you are in. Some students from ED1 also confirmed. I’m not sure if it’s true. It might be the same for everyone in RD, though.

Oh goodness - no academic year on my son’s housing portal … hope that doesn’t mean the conversation is over.

3 Likes

It is not on my portal either… I AM VERY CONCERNED

3 Likes

In my housing portal, I have 3 options at the top of my purple bar: departure/arrival hub (it doesn’t have anything in it), summer housing registration, and academic year housing(containing a separate application for both 23-24 academic year and Springs 23). I don’t have anything on my favorites in Albert.

I spend the last hour reading the housing portal astrology from last year and tbh the results were so varied idk if it means anything.

Also, based on my admissions results thus far, I don’t have high hopes for NYU. Idk, take any kind of portal astrology with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

Where can I see mine? Can you help me navigate through this?

2 Likes

how do you get to the housing portal?

3 Likes