NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

does anyone know when NYU will release the first wave of acceptances? Apparently last year it was May 6th so for this year it should be around the same time right?

Iā€™ll have NYU give you a call for advice.

1 Like

please go outside and touch some grass

2 Likes

Idk if u replied to the wrong person but I havenā€™t gotten a decision and I doubt anyone has. I just know that last year they either sent an email or posted to Twitter saying they moved to the waitlist and then a few weeks later said theyā€™ve taken everyone they expect to take but theyā€™ll still be a few here and there over the summer

Omg guys NYU has said they start the waitlist in May and we know they havenā€™t taken anyone before May 1 in recent years. Ik other schools do that but not NYU so if itā€™s like last year weā€™ve got around a week until it should start moving. Theyā€™ll let us know over email or social media like they always do.

HI! I got waitlisted Tandon ED1 for computer science. It is my top choice school but what do you guys think my chances are. My sat score was a 1510 and my gpa unweighted was a 3.8. Please chance me and I hope you guys get off too! I didnt know if NYU wanted a LOCI so in the waitlist form, I wrote a paragraph explicitly stating that NYU remains my top choice and that I will matriculate as a student if I go. I also had my counselor send in both my mid term grades and my grades from the most recent marking period. What do you guys think and best of luck to the waitlist homies out there!

To be honest I really donā€™t know what to expect either. I was waitlisted by Stern and NYU is my top choice as well. It seems like the yield rate is lower than usual but NYU was probably aware of that. Iā€™m really hoping to get in but the odds are undoubtedly pretty low.
Iā€™d say that with 1510 on the SAT and a 3.8 uw you have a great academic profile. But NYU is really looking for more than that! Outstanding ECs, awards and essays in general will be the main factors. Itā€™s very hard to estimate your chances, plus NYU is very holistic and looking for great fits - not just over-achieving students!
I really hope we get in!!

1 Like

Didnā€™t they say not to send anything unless itā€™s final transcripts?

They allowed you to relay your interest/add new achievements in the waitlist form. But they donā€™t want emails or phone calls to the admissions office, only the form! :upside_down_face:

yea but they made their counselor send midterm marks lol ā€¦

I think you should call admissions and ask them about midterm reports and recent grades. I spoke with an officer last week and he told me to send them whenever they are available.

1 Like

My counselor was the one who offered to send the grades, I just accepted and she did it. Iā€™m sorry to word it as I had her do it.

Yeah an officer also told me the same!

For my ecs I participated in each of these for numerous years and will list just to be brief

• manager of one of the biggest tutorials in nyc and still going
  • volunteered at kids learning center
  • volunteered at disabled learning center
  • model United Nations member
  • volleyball club member
  • basketball club member

I also have a few more but canā€™t list off the top of the head at the moment, itā€™s really late right now.

I donā€™t really think they were aware of that. Nyu admitted 12800 kids and expected a class size of 6700 which means that they expected a yield of 52 percent without the waitlist. I donā€™t know though. These figures are from their website on the case of 2025. Good luck though!

interesting yā€™all thinkin the yield rate will be low or the same

A lot of people cannot afford to go to nyu which is why their yield is conventionally low. Also with the pandemic a lot of parents would not want to send their kids to New York where corona hit the hardest and of course some kids who made it to NYU also may have made it to other universities they rather attend.

2 Likes

when yā€™all log in to global home @ nyu and click on ur profile what do u see?

It says you do not have a profile. Wbu?

mine says u do not have a profile too

1 Like