NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

What’s up people I am new to cc and I am waitlisted at NYU Tandon waiting miserably like y’all tafeer actually inspired me to post because my parents are from Bengali descent as well. Hope to do chemical and biomolecular engineering.

2 Likes

good luck bros hope we all get in

5 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

its honestly impossible to chance someone on the waitlist. All depends on nyu enrollment this yr

5 Likes

I know I didn’t have any cs ecs… but I am taking AP COMP SCI a this year and I also have Ap Physics calculus from junior year (5), Ap physics 1 senior year, Ap calc BC senior year, Ap world sophomore year(3), Ap literature and comp (4) junior year. I thought Ap rigor and esp Ap computer scince would make up for it

1 Like

4 years ago the acceptance rate was 30% now its 13% :sleepy:

3 Likes

Anybody on here receive an email from NYU on Friday saying to update your academic interests for Tandon because I applied undeclared.

yes

1 Like

No, I haven’t but that was probably because I applied for computer science

So that was only because we applied undeclared right we ain’t special lol?

Yes

yes lol, all people who applied undeclared got that

1 Like

Wait is it a higher chance for me to get off the waitlist being middle eastern?

Also I’ve been stalking this chat for the past five days like every second and finally just now made an account hi everyone

4 Likes

Y’all I know it’s stressful waiting to see if we get off the waitlist but the truth is none of us know who has the best shot at getting off or what would increase our chances. The AOs were obviously looking for something very specific in their applicants, and it’s a dice roll nowadays who gets in. Especially at NYU, a student with a 1590 and great EC’s might get rejected whereas a student with a 1160 and only one EC will be accepted. It’s all about fit.

Speculating about who will get off will do nothing but raise anxiety and stress… feel free to do whatever you’d like, but I think the best thing to do is be confident in your achievements and try and stay patient. You were waitlisted— not rejected.
That’s gotta count for something!

7 Likes

let’s keep hope alive,

and binge on ice cream, lots of it

we got this!!!

2 Likes

So, based on possible indicators, we’re supposed to find SUMMER only in housing portal, between 8-9am?
:)) Assuming we’re off the list.

nb: I swear I don’t even know anymore why I keep checking my portal.

3 Likes

Yup

1 Like

Yall think there’ll be a wave today?

1 Like

Most of us believe so yes. Because last year it was on the 13th of May. This year the 1st wave was a day early, so the second wave could be a day early too. Hopefully it’s today, the 12th of May. Praying for everyone!

3 Likes