NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

For…?

Ohhhh the email I had sent my AO?

Sure I can do that

I sent it, it’s just what I had said when I sent the loci letter

Thanks so much

Imma go take a nap, this is too much . @tafeer waiting for ur call, thanks gurrrl/dude

2 Likes

Just spoke to a counselor and its not good news. He confirmed that the deposit rate is high and that waitlist movement this year is unlikely for all the schools. I asked him about tandon in specifics and he said he doesnt know because all of the schools have high deposit rates this year. I also asked about waitlist forms and he said that, they dont even look at them. They only look at newly submitted grades and the original application. He said we should be looking for a plan B somewhere else now, and that there is a chance some of us can be admitted, but the likely hood of a high waitlist movement is low because of the high deposit rate.

4 Likes

Wait a hot minute, I think you got the same AO as me

Dude with semi deep voice?

1 Like

He also said exactly words like plan B institution

1 Like

Yes!

He was pretty nice right?

I don’t think it was an issue of “playing the ranking game” – it’s more likely that they tried to be conservative in a year in which predicting yield was really difficult (because of COVID, because they didn’t have EA, etc.). Also, because there’s hardly any off-campus housing, they have to be careful not to go over their target student body size; a few years ago the yield was something like 5 percentage points higher than usual and the university had to create temporary housing for the year using trailers and by converting communal space to dorm rooms.

2 Likes

yeah, maybe there is truth to his statement, but its not looking good if what he said is true

1 Like

thanks for calling nyu and helping us gather info

Maybe we can try and call a few days later, to see what a different AO has to say

omg so they dont even look at our forms? wow

Oh, how we wish we have better news.

Sometimes the answers come in clear and bold fonts, sometimes in snippets, to sort of ease us into submission.

In this case, it’s both I think.

So, what we learned here is that the waitlist form I guess doenst matter. They dont look at what is on the form other than major and interest. They only look for new grades.

i’m confused tho aren’t we supposed to update our grades on our waitlist form? then that means they do read the forms right

1 Like