NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Really? Idk how else to explain this because gumball doesn’t have it and he/she got accepted. I think what tafeer said under me is why you don’t have the message button yet

Maybe your one didn’t process yet and that’s why no messages button yet

1 Like

Let me see

I started it but never actually submitted or processed it, I stopped midpoint

1 Like

That’s what happened with me, I started it but never submitted or completed it

1 Like

The fact that you started it is what prompted. I hope you guys are ready to get bombed with notices asking you to finish the application

yea i did

1 Like

Also… this year there still isn’t a tweet from meetnyu or a formal email yet. Also no fall waves yet. Coincidence? I think not.

1 Like

That’s why

ok that makes sense

1 Like

Please use the space below to inform the admissions committee of any updates since the time of your application (ex. honors, awards, new leadership positions, etc.). Please do not send any additional information to the admissions office separately, with the exception of your Final Report and final transcript.

This is what’s written. I don’t think they will look only for grades. I just called them and asked whether Id be at a disadvantage if I dont type in my grades in the waitlist form because my finals have been postponed indefinitely. He said I wouldn’t be in any disadvantage and to put in any other achievements.

And As annoying as it is… ALL MY AWARDS FOR MY LAST PROJECT CAME AFTER I CLICKED ‘SUBMIT APPLICATION’ so I’m really counting they check the column for non-academic achievements as well

I called them myself and and had 3 of my friends call. The admissions officers all said the same thing here. They look at interested major and campus but mainly focus on New grades and the original application. New ecs and locis “fall on deaf ears”

So we can still update the waitlist form with our ECs? Like in the white free response box, and they will read it?

Think of it like this…100k applicants and god knows how many are waitlisted. Of all those waitlisted they aren’t going to look through multiple forms, loci and new grades as well as original application for every applicant. It just doesn’t make sense and is not time efficient. The AOs were very honest and said they look mainly at original app, and new grades. They only look at the form for your interested spot to make sure they have space.

1 Like

thats what they told me. But apparently they have been saying whatever they feel like rn. btw i talked to this guy named Michael Durant (Ass. Director of Admissions)

I feel so helpless… I couldn’t even write my finals if I wanted to

They will not…it’s just there for you to add but the AO stated “it will fall on deaf ears”

I sent my LOCI directly to my regional AO by email. Is that bad?

1 Like

Like look at my post which explains my reasoning with the 100k applicants…

I sent my loci to my regional AO and he added it to my file, didn’t say nothing much

2 Likes

its looking like ill be taking a gap year guys