NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

I’ve been following this thread for a while. I’m also a film production major and I’m committed to Boston University, which I absolutely love! However if I get into NYU I’ll probably go

160k - 170k debt is a lot even if ucla is better i would never do that since there’s also interest and stuff

Looks like CAS waitlist won’t see any movement 'til next week. Hope we will hear before May 20 or May 25! hope*

its one of the more established ones, but their intake is soooooo tiny, but if i got accepted(sadly) i would attend ucla over nyu anyday. Fees wise, if you can pay 80k for nyu, you can pay 80k for ucla

UCLA, LMU and NYU, of course. (maybe USC too I am not so sure sorry)

Hollywood Reporter releases a list for the best film schools each year, this year the best were AFI, USC, UCLA, NYU, LMU, Chapman, Emerson, Boston University, UT, FSU and others

ucla accepts like 15 film students per year. theres isnt really a collaboration environment. and u really need a community to collaborate with because film is one of the most collaborative arts there is

im chasing NYU so hard because all my heroes went there. Martin Scorsese, Todd Philips etc

btw i would get more aid at NYU than at UCLA because of out of state tuition

I really wouldn’t count on NYU for better aid, the people that have gotten off the waitlist were told to pay almost full price. I’m so concerned about that

Oh, sorry if my assumption is wrong, I did think UCLA cost is < NYU cost of attendance. Also, I thought UCLA cost is even way lesser for US citizens it being a public university (NYU is private). But I support your decision as I am sure you assessed thoroughly before you made the decision.

1 Like

it costs me around 60k

Yeah ngl, I’m kinda worried I’m too poor to be admitted to NYU cause I applied for financial aid

2 Likes

i agree, but UCLA has so many better connections to film studios and internship opportunities, but not to say Tisch does not, if youre chasing a filmmaking dream, attend a good school even if you’re still waitlisted for Tisch! If the opportunity does turn around you can always withdraw

UCLA only provides cheaper tuition to California residents

1 Like

i actually emailed them about this and they told me they dont discriminate based on income…

balls they dont

They never explicitly said they were need-blind for waitlists so that’s good to hear.

Heheh no USC, maybe they are all going to Silicon V. Anyway about LMU, when I let go of my LMU slot, I have read so many waitlist posts (film).

the withdrawing reason is also a big concern thats why DePaul was one of my main choices. Because u dont declare a major until the end of 2nd year and CS and Film are in the same college so itll be easy to switch if i have second thoughts

1 Like

can u see the admitted student portal?

I’m really worried about this because I’m an international student requesting aid. However in my waitlist form I told them that I’m willing to pay what’s necessary, so that way they shouldn’t make financial aid a barrier for my admission decision

1 Like