NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

we love u gumballšŸ’™

4 Likes

ā€œ Otherwise, you can expect another update on the status of our waitlist no later than July 1st.ā€ soooooā€¦ does that mean thereā€™s still chance? Although itā€™s very slim

5 Likes

yes. there is still a chance but very slim. imma stay on but be realistic.

1 Like

just wanna say that im so so proud of everyone here!! thank you for being in this waitlist journey w me even though it sucked :grimacing: I hope u all are going to thrive in ur current unis knowing that u did ur very best!! best of luck to everyone love u all <33

8 Likes

in another perspective, we are freed of 70-80K dollars of expense

and we will meet wonderful minds and hearts we wouldnā€™t otherwise meet if we stay on in nyu

2 sides, 3 sides, multi-sides cascades of brilliant opportunities await now, that is , beyond the walls of nyu,

thatā€™s promising, and worth all the strength we have gained thus far

6 Likes

Dear Seniorsā€¦as a parent of another senior who declined the NYU WL acceptance for an opportunity in the state university after doing much research and pro/cons list of the two colleges, I want to let you know that each of you are awesome and talented so donā€™t let any of this doubt how wonderful you are. As crazy as this past year has been, itā€™s also taught us not to take anything for granted. Each of you will do awesome things in life and will fall in love with which ever school you go to & find a best friend there or the love of your life - possibilities are endless. Maybe you were in love with the idea of NYU than the school itself so embrace your schools, maybe transfer to NYU next year if you want, or take a gap year and make the most of itā€¦The WL process is gruesome and tiring and often disappointing but in the end everything will work out for the bestā€¦if it doesnā€™t, itā€™s not the end yet. Donā€™t loose hope.

Be awesome! Harness your potential and make the best of the college you go to. You are the future and sky is the limit!

16 Likes

Wait, isnā€™t there still a chance for waves for kids in tandon considering people rejected their waitlist offers for tandon. I know a few kids did.

4 Likes

I bet at least one of us is still going to get in

6 Likes

I havenā€™t received any email. Have any idea what time they sent it? Thanks.

4:06 PM EST for me.

1 Like

A lot of kids from last wave rejected their tandon acceptance. Doesnā€™t that mean i alongside other tandon WL stand a chance

1 Like

Disappointed as I am. I would love to thank everyone on this thread as a full closure. This period was really tough, but was made easier because of this online community. It was great having other people to talk to and friends to chat about this with. Right now, itā€™s not meant for us to be in NYU, and thatā€™s gonna be okay. There are better plans for us. All the best you guys, we are the waitlist class of ā€˜25!

18 Likes

for real guys couldntve done it w out yall. most supportive thread on cc! ily all

8 Likes

You know you are actually right a substantial amount of Tandon kids that got in that I saw on Reddit and cc arenā€™t taking that spot. However, they might just decide to keep their class of 2025 shorter and not fill those spots in. My thing is what if international students arenā€™t able to get visas to come here because of the variants of COVID and all that? Obviously hope it doesnā€™t come to that but will that be a factor?

In 5 yearsā€™ time, will this even matter?

Letā€™s do the best with this heartache.
Life is just starting.

All the best and goodbye. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

9 Likes

I understand.
Sending lots of hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

Guys, there has been no tisch wave till now so does that mean there is no chance of acceptance at tisch

i dont understand why they would want to keep their class of 2025 smaller than usual when they need money since a lot of people didnā€™t dorm last year

2 Likes

Yeah also India is having trouble issuing a lot of new visas right now and their borders are shut due to COVID so letā€™s see. I think tandon still has a chance for movement

3 Likes

Yeah sameā€¦

Iā€™ve had OCD since Iā€™m like 7 or 8 and it can get pretty serious during stressful periods of times (and college apps is definitely one).
I chose to mention that in my waitlist form but I doubt they even looked at it. Actually, I know that OCD isnā€™t that big of a deal compared to sooo many other things but I really need to find an environment that will suit me and keep me stimulated throughout the years: itā€™s basically how my OCD stops. So I just mentioned that in the form saying I felt like NYU will bring me that great environment.
But yeah donā€™t get me wrong, I know that OCD isnā€™t something that serious so Iā€™m sure it didnā€™t impact their decision whatsoever but still, I was happy to share that with them. Like fr some of my closest mates donā€™t even know about that bc I just constantly try to hide it.

But well, I hope that everyone having a serious medical condition will find the college and environment that suits them well!! And if yours is repetitive mental breakdowns, donā€™t worry! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have an amazing time somewhere else!

3 Likes