NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Yes. I think it is time to face the truth and move on!!!

1 Like

anyone here with no other colleges? :ā€™) seeing other writing i go here and here im happy for u, but lol i have been rejected from everywhere, and i have straight a-s, even my final exam is 92% overallā€¦:slight_smile: lifeā€™s great

3 Likes

are you international? Just take a gap year and work on yourself. gotta keep moving forward!

3 Likes

hey i ended up receiving it this morning! i think itā€™s because Iā€™m an international too so they sent it at a normal-ish hour

1 Like

Well, mine was waitlisted with perfect grades, heavy rigor, 35 ACT, leadership, ECs, etc. so who knows what they look for? What is even considered top level these days? Good luck to you. I know you are disappointed and frustrated. You will do amazing things even if NYU doesnā€™t appreciate you right now :slight_smile:

i am. but i dont really want to take a gap year, because i had been going to high school for 5 years and I already feel old haha

So is it all really over?

I am going to wait and see if there is a wave tomorrow and if not then I think its safe to say its pretty much over

can you guys please help me choose between the university of pittsburg and fordham. i got in for neuroscience on a pre med track for both, and iā€™m having doubts on my commitment to fordham.
also i applied for pitts a bit later so i have till tonight to commit.
money really isnā€™t a problem, i just need help making a decision.
(iā€™m still waiting for nyu tho)

Iā€™m a transfer applicant looking back and forth between our forum and yours. Iā€™m sure weā€™re in the same boat as you guys at this rate. This is advice that I wish someone had given me when college searching. Please consider doing Community College too during your gap year. Itā€™s affordable, you can get General Education credits out of the way, you can explore courses in your major, and youā€™d be surprised to learn that it will probably be one of your best learning experiences ever. Four year colleges like NYU just want your money and they donā€™t care if you do well or not. Community colleges are made so that all students can thrive and they genuinely care if you do well. Itā€™s an easy A as long as you take it seriously. Also, colleges like to see that youā€™re taking college courses. It helps them to know that youā€™re ready for college level courses, similar to how they like APs in high school.

I had to leave my four year college suddenly due to mental illness/addiction. I was able to attend community college with a schedule flexible enough for rehab/therapies. Please just take care of yourself and put your mental health on top. If taking a gap year is whatā€™s best for your health than certainly do that, especially if you know youā€™re not capable of achieving good grades. Only attend community college during your gap year if you think you can do well. Just know that community colleges will accommodate to your needs if you do consider attending.

3 Likes

yes. itā€™s over.

1 Like

So did the people who already committed to other schools remove themselves from the NYU waitlist?? Itā€™ll create a better chance for the people who are still hoping to get into NYU

Honestly, the door is closed. Everyone needs to move on and donā€™t torture yourselves any further. It has been clear since they started admitting only spring students. Apparently, they are over enrolled in fall. It became even more clear in the way that they informed everyone no more chances now. They would have kept everyone on the list even the class is full, in case there are committed students get off the waitlists at other schools. I believe they are over-enrolled, so even they lose some to other schools, they have no worry about the total enrollment.

3 Likes

I just submitted the form saying that i donā€™t want to be on the waitlist anymore and it was really sad i was cryingšŸ˜¢ well i guess this is the end! U guys were very wonderful and amazing supporters i really hope to see u guys as transfers or just sometime in life!

11 Likes

When you look back a few years later, NYU wonā€™t mean anything by then. The painful process will be all in a good memory. You will do well in the school you choose to attend with a bright future. Wish you all the best of luck!

7 Likes

iā€™m really sorry you guys :frowning: i was really hoping for the best for you all, iā€™m sorry it didnā€™t work out. try not to completely give up hope yet, iā€™m sure theyā€™ll offer a few spots to applicants who suddenly refuse their spots, but i wish you all the best no matter where you end up going :slight_smile:

4 Likes

same :((( trying to make the most of a gap year

I think those admitted but have to process visa will be given the online learning format until they procure their travel papers or visa. I read in another university website about this to help lessen the stress on international students. I do not know the policy of nyu in particular but maybe it will have the same accommodation, visa processing being possibly more complicated now due to pandemic.

It will take a long time to read or hear about nyc or nyu without my heart breaking. But as with all breakup, time will make me love another school again.

detour, not the end
detour, not the end
detour, not the end
100x more

1 Like

if anyone needs a coping mechanism go listen to sign of the times by harry styles, youā€™ll probably cry but itā€™s better to get emotions out. i listen to that song anytime something goes wrong in life and it always helps. weā€™re gonna be ok and honestly if anything this was a learning experience and if NYU is meant for us then we will get there eventually

3 Likes