NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

harry stans 4lyfe

1 Like

No Indicator today guys?

Nope

itā€™s the end of the road ā€¦ good luck wherever you go guys!!

5 Likes

Itā€™s pretty much over so yeah donā€™t get your hopes up at all. But there is a microscopic and bleak chance that one of us here still can get in

9 Likes

Not true, four-year colleges care about retention a lot so they have a stake in how students do and most provide resources to improve retention. That said, they do not hand out Aā€™s as you imply community colleges do, thatā€™s just reality. Thereā€™s more rigor. But starting at community college is a solid option to consider as well.

1 Like

Never said they hand out Aā€™s bud. You took it too literally. I said if you take it seriously it can be an easy A. And I was talking about my personal experience at four year colleges. You are a senior in high school Iā€™m assuming and do not actually know the first hand experience of nearly failing out due to mental illness. Four year colleges, depending more on the population, do not outwardly try to prevent you from failing out. Community colleges do. Was just trying to give people some advice I wish I had received. If you didnā€™t like it, keep scrolling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was offering a different viewpoint. Yes, community college is easier in general, I think most people would agree with that. Iā€™m not a senior in high school, Iā€™m a professor. I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to higher ed, but of course you are entitled to your opinion based on your own negative experience at a four-year college. Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to pursue.

Are there any chances of someone getting off the waitlist for Tandon or LS ?

No. Itā€™s over.

1 Like

i mean maybe??? but from reading the email it is slim to none. i wouldnā€™t say impossible but its best to focus on your other plans.

1 Like

I miss this thread, stillā€¦

Just how many closed doors does one find in this short, short lifetime?

6 Likes

reality ^

:((((((

1 Like

one door closes another one opens <3

3 Likes

we need to move on.

2 Likes

look Iā€™m sorry but we all need to move on. Think of it this way, NYU closed the door and now your trapped in a room (thatā€™s how Iā€™ve felt over these past few days) ā€¦ but itā€™s up to us to make our own door and get out of that room or else weā€™ll always be stuck inside it with sadness. Bad analogy ik but thatā€™s how my brain works lmao

1 Like

anyone else got an email about possible space in civil eng if theyā€™d want to be considered there?

2 Likes

I think only tandon sends those types of update emails ā€¦ but judging by the fact that this chat is dead I donā€™t think so

YO what the ā– ā– ā– ā– 

bro where how when did you recieve and whats in the mail