NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Hey y’all does anyone know if NYU will just look at the short form we had to fill out for continued interest or will they check our whole application again without bias?? …do any of y’all think u have a chance on getting in?

They said somewhere on the website that they mostly look at the original application but of course they check the form to see what new campuses, schools, and majors you select. Also i think ED waitlists have an advantage over RD waitlists because they know you will attend if offered

1 Like

It probably was a mistake on your part to send in your SAT. Not sending it in wouldn’t have given you any disadvantage, and NYU actually stated on their website that you shouldn’t send in any scores that you don’t feel are good, as they will take it into account. Not sending in your SAT may have put you over the edge and got you admitted. But let’s not dwell on the past!

If NYU only defers 5% of their students, then you should be excited. That means they are still quite interested in your application. Relax, you sent in your update letter, and there is nothing left to do for now. Good luck!

I got it removed recently, thank you for the advise! Chillin out until Feb. 15th now!

1 Like

getting compared to the ED2 applicant pool makes me feel even more like my chance of getting in is reallyyy slim sigh but we’ll see our decision in 19 more days so let’s hope for the best!

Does anyone know how to update the waitlist for with accomplishments and stuff? I thought we could update it but I don’t see another form any where

When you log into the NYU portal (where you checked your decision update) there should be a space on the right that says “NYU Personal Information Update Request”. It might say something a little different for you because I already filled mine out, but see if that works!

Thank you!

on my portal i see it says i have to log into SRAR. I just saw this today and i didnt check my portal for some time bc i was deffered so i thought the defferal form was the only thing to worry about. Can someone explain more abt this?

I didnt get an email or anything i just saw it on my portal come up

I’m waitlisted from ED1 and I have the same thing on my portal. I didn’t get an email but it has been on my portal for a few weeks. I don’t rly know what it’s for but I says that if I need self repot my grades that’s how to but my school does that for me so idk.

omg same my school already sent my mid year report with my grades so i was confused

hey guys I got waitlisted from ED1, and I saw some others who were waitlisted from then say on reddit that they got an email from nyu asking if they would like to be reviewed against ED2 applicants instead. Did anyone else get this? I didn’t and its making me feel nervous lol I guess its a new thing they are doing with the larger applicant pool this year

1 Like

ugh no I haven’t gotten anything :weary:

Do you know which group on Reddit that was on?

hows everyone feeling? the decision date is almost near

I have a really good feeling about it, but I’m definitely not as stressed as I was the first time, it’ll all work out!

Joining the waitlisted club, hows everyone doing?

2 Likes

I think it’s really interesting that NYU places ED applicants directly on the waitlist. Perhaps it is because they have so many apps to review that it is easier to shove them to the side rather than adding them to the RD round. Best of luck getting off the waitlist!

1 Like

gang gang waitlist club

1 Like