NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

They are probably working right now. Waves soon?

mine looks like that as well

maybe later in the afternoon

My housing portal was down but now it’s right back to spring/summer. Anyone else?

My housing portal is spring/summer

1 Like

mines was down as well but its still only summer

yeah same

guys will i be at a disadvantage if I live in India? India has a major COVID crisis with over 400k cases today. I told them that I will not face any problem coming to NYU because I am a US citizen and the US embassy allows citizens to fly to the country through multiple commercial flights and the list is updated at least every week. But they take long to answer me. what do u think?

I think we’re gonna either get a first wave of decisions today or tmrw. Last year on May 6 at 2pm EST the first wave came out. Everyone who got a decision had their checklist disappear abt 30 min before they got their letter so be the on the lookout :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

wdym its spring/summer? Is it the academic year thing or the non-academic thing in which you are only able to choose Washington DC

Yes

I personally don’t think NYU will be hold that against you because they are welcoming towards internationals. Plus there’s always COVID tests to determine if it’s safe to let you on campus

None of us are AO’s so idt anyone will be able to answer that accurately, i don’t think it will be a disadvantage though

I think even then getting students from India now would be cautioned against considering the state of the nation

Yeah but things will 100% calm down by August, also I’m pretty sure them being cautioned against indians can be seen as discrimination and idt they’d do that

Okay I wouldn’t say it’s discrimination if their country is collapsing due to COVID and the fact that NYU wants to make sure Covid is kept to a minimum in their school. As a New York resident as well, travel restrictions are super strict on India too.

1 Like

Discrimination is “the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people”. It is not our fault that covid is bad in the country, why should we be punished and disadvantaged over something we cannot control? Yes travel restrictions are strict but they will be relaxed by August, thousands of us have already committed to US colleges. also, everyone over 18 can be vaccinated in India and we’ll all be vaccinated by August.

1 Like

i think nyu knows how many students from india they want so when some turn down their offer, they’ll look to indian students on the waitlist

1 Like

guys in regards to my question, I have no travel restrictions or no visa problems to come to the US because of my US citizenship. My question is will it still pose a problem?

they know what discrimination is, question is who is going to check up on them?