NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Has your portal changed?

i wish nyu would at least send us an email or something telling us if they were going through the waitlist

4 Likes

Last year a ton of people called admissions to ask if they were. Sometimes they were explicit about if people were getting off the waitlist, other times they weren’t.

Only summer is an indication of acceptance. Congrats!

They’re going thru the waitlist rn, I emailed and asked and they said decisions will be released on a rolling basis starting now.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing, this is some great information to have

4 Likes

how do you see the housing stuff? is there a separate website?

Has anyone heard anything from Gallatin? Anyone getting in or such?

getting in off the waitlist ie

your username hahahahah

1 Like

i’m actually desperate atp

2 Likes

thank you sm!

1 Like

dude im so nervous im shaking.

3 Likes

my anxiety has been through the roofs since may 1 man

2 Likes

I don’t think it comes out today…

1 Like

by right now do you mean today? they confirmed that the wave is coming out today?

1 Like

it could come at four too

2 Likes

They responded yesterday and said they had already begun going through the waitlist and would be alerting students on a rolling basis. I also already know people who have gotten off the waitlist in the pst few days. Last year the threads made it seem like a similar situation to this years and larger waves were given decisions may 6 and 7 at 2pm EST or 4pm EST.

2 Likes

same here.

2 Likes

I just spoke with a counselor from NYU. They said that the majority of waitlist admissions will be mid-May and to watch out for next week. I did ask him regarding the students already admitted off the waitlist and he said that those were for smaller programs or very few number of students whereas bigger major compositions such as Comp sci or Business will hear around mid-May

12 Likes