NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Would steinhardt’s MCC be considered a bigger program?

1 Like

So nothing regarding today or tomorrow?

I would have no clue as I am a Tandon applicant for Computer Science and I only know majority about Tandon.

Nope! He said Mid May, and did not speak about today or tomorrow at all.

1 Like

I also asked him about the housing thing and how some students are being able to apply for housing for next year without being admitted and he said that Admissions has nothing to do with that portal and that Housing is probably having something going wrong on their back end and that he would send them a note to check.

1 Like

you’re a hero :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

you are a life saver

2 Likes

Thanks for asking them for the clear up

2 Likes

Im still gonna be checking everyday lol. I emailed them about it too, but I havent heard anything about it. I got waitlisted for film/tv.

2 Likes

When I emailed them about the housing they were pretty mad and i got a “note” added to my folder lmao L

1 Like

Really? How did you frame it? The counselor I spoke to was pretty nice and I said other students were seeing this issue and he just took it lightly and said he would pass it on.

seems rude of them. you were just asking a question lol. maybe they should send something out about it if it’s annoying them so much.

2 Likes

Would you know why that one person got off the LS core program? I feel like many people get accepted to it and that the LS program is pretty big. The smaller programs only admitting people of the waitlist doesn’t seem to make sense for that LS case.

2 Likes

A lot of students apply to the LS program so that they can switch to another major which is called dooring. This student was probably admitted off the LS waitlist to fill that spot.

2 Likes

Before I got transferred to the counselor, someone on the phone did ask for my NYU ID and I hope nothing happens to my application. I asked her about getting an email and she said that the last email sent to me on the date I sent the WL form says early may and that they don’t have a date. Then she transferred me to the really nice counselor. I hope nothing was done to my file

Also how do you know about the note added?

How would you door the LS core program though? If you get admitted to the LS program, there’s no other major or school you can switch to. I believe you get admitted to LS Core and that’s that’s. You have to do two years of LS then you can declare a major at a school after that. Still doesn’t make sense

They probably applied for an internal transfer to another school or maybe another LS student deferred their admission. We don’t know…

Nope idk what they added but the email explicitly said they were adding a note to my file, i think they got annoyed because i asked if it was indicative of admission or not

1 Like

do y’all think it’s coming out today?? or nah