NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

messaged you!

Is anyone in the group chat yet?

hello, did anyone who got deferred from NYUAD ED2 recently receive a candidate weekend invite or an acceptance? (and yes I know decisions come out on April 1!)

Hi!! does anyone know when do the decisions come out for waitlisted students? ( I was waitlisted Ed 1)

Between may 1 and august 1

1 Like

I heard some people come off the waitlist with RD - anyone have any information on that possibility?

i don’t think they did last year but in previous years they did. It’s unlikely this year tho

if we fill out the waitlist form again to add new things, does it replace the original form or add on to it?

Why unlikely this year? just wondering …

because they didn’t last year and also because it’s such a weird year and I think they’re going to wait until they get all the deposits then go to the waitlist

If I submit a new waitlist form, will the original be gone or will it still be shown? Also, does NYU accept love letter?

on my waitlist form there is something that says my application was now RD (I was waitlisted from the ED1 rounds). I’m not sure if this means anything regarding being taken off with the regular decision applicants, or if it was just put there because I was placed on the waitlist and am now in the general pool of applicants still waiting to hear back.

not sure about submitting a new waitlist form, i was actually wondering the same thing myself. But no NYU did say they do not want to be sent additional materials besides the waitlist form, which would mean they dont want to be sent LOCI

mine has this too and im confused

i feel like it would be unlikely that they would take people off the waitlist today, and that it might just say that because we are all on a combined general waitlist as of now, but you never know. I think in past years they took applicants off the waitlist early for SPS only but I didnt apply for that.

ah that kinda sucks if we’re all considered regular decision on the waitlist. i thought being ed would give an advantage because they know we’ll go. whatever not getting off it either way!!

I think being ED might potentially give us an advantage bc NYU knows that it was our top school and that we most likely would attend. I honestly don’t know if the Regular Decision label means anything or not so I’m trying not to read too much into it.

1 Like

i think its because its the same form rd waitlists will fill out today

it should but i emailed NYU a while back and they said no order so they won’t consider us over rd people

1 Like

for the form, should you write it like a letter to the admissions committee? I’m so confused

1 Like