NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

me lol

Wow you must really want to go to NYU having been accepted to some great schools ! Congratulations

Thank you! hahaha yeah, I would really love to go to NYU. Iā€™ve really loved that school since early sophomore year. Maybe I should have applied ED, but I also wanted to explore my options as well.

Congratulations!!

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Yes

Hey guys any news yet ? I got waitlisted ED 2 and am scared that Iā€™m getting my hopes up.

No bro. I guess they will release the first wave around 6th May.

where did you hear?

i think itā€™s cause it happened around that time last year

What is your second choice if you not get into NYU?

I was on the phone with an admissions officer not too long ago and he told me that they were going to review waitlisted applicants in the end of may. Kinda weird in my opinion because the first wave is usually early or mid may. I guess weā€™ll see!

ur jokingā€¦ that is such a long wait omg

The ones who submitted their waitlist form late would be at a disadvantage? I am very anxious about this whole waitlist thing as this is my dream school. Any idea how many people are waitlisted this year?

I would literally die waiting for so long :scream:

honestly i donā€™t think youā€™re at a disadvantage for submitting the form late since they donā€™t even look at the forms until after May 1st, as long as you really want to go and theyā€™re able to fit you in there, you should be fine!

I am just hoping for the best. NYU has been my dream for soo long already! I sent in a LOCI a few days ago and Iā€™m most likely going to email admissions with grades and a 1-2 sentence explaining my continued interest. Try doing the most you can!

1 Like

Didnā€™t they ask not to send in any documents other than the form? I thought about sending in a LOCI but I was advised not to.

2 Likes

um they literally said 100 times not to ā€¦

2 Likes

yeah I just got off the phone with an admissions counselor and they said they donā€™t check additional emails during the waitlist process and they only check the form they provided.