NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Was is LS Core spring admission or another school spring admission?

what school eagler

in the financial aid portion of my portal, it says:
no award and also it says
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Anyone knows what this means? I hope this is good indicator? Hehehhe hoping…

note: I did not apply for any fin aid

i have the same and i did not apply for aid

1 Like

Those are not indicators, everyone has those

3 Likes

thanks, heheh I am reading HOPE in every item in the portal :))

Modified in the original post

There were a lot of indacators reported today, just read the comments from earlier today from 8 AM to 4 PM

1 Like

did anyone else get in to tandon today besides eagler

Eaglar is the first reported Tandon spring admit

I submitted my WL form 3/31 the day the RD decisions came out. I thought it would be better to submit it early but now I am thinking its a bad idea lol. Welp, see you guys next week #sternplzadmitme

3 Likes

im curious and a few of my friends are wondering too. is getting accepted off the waitlist and committing to that school binding? or can i still choose to go to a different school if accepted off another waitlist.

You have 72 hours to decide if you want to enroll in NYU I believe, no waitlist acceptance is binding

getting off the waitlist is not binding, even if you are offered admissions you do not need to take the offer

Yeah he is. I am also waiting on Tandon but I think this goes to prove big schools next week.

Also keep in mind. Last year when NYU started taking a lot of kids off the list they tweeted about it on may 7th. There has been no tweet from meetnyu yet for this year

Thank you for that tid bit! Tafeer always hooking us up with good info. Let’s see if MeetNYU tweets anything on Monday.

1 Like

Wait I have a theory based off of tafeer’s information.

They only admitted people off for spring admissions this week because they only had so much time to look at waitlists as they probably just started looking at them. However, I think they might use the weekend and subsequent weekdays for looking over forms for fall admission and bigger school decisions since those take much more time to evaluate.

I mentioned that the waitlist forms were closed on Wednesday only from 12-5 and that was probably the time they used to look at applicants for spring admission

3 Likes

I’m just wondering why they’ve taken these people in as spring admits and not fall admits. Maybe the fall class is full?

I think that they just wanted to take as many students as they can. There are a lot of qualified students but nyu also wants to protect its yeild while maintaining a low acceptance rate so they waitlist and then offer spring by admissions which is is not factored into statistics that NYU reports in its data set.