NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

do u guys know why they admit people to spring instead of fall is it because of qualifying issues? or just bc of lack of space

Probably to fit as many qualified candidates as they can that they want

2 Likes

But why donā€™t they start with fall admits?

Ahh congrats! did she apply financial aid or full tuition?

My guess is because they want to wait as long as possible for people to open up spots for the fall. Then they can give the maximum amount of qualified candidates spots. I think they pretty much know how many spots they have for the spring because that doesnā€™t really change so they can do that first.

2 Likes

Who can blame me for wanting to go to nyu and live my best gossip girl lifeā€¦

8 Likes

mood

I was just admitted to LS as a spring admit off the waitlist, and Iā€™m ultimately hoping to transfer into Steinhardt as either an Education Studies/Child Development/or MCC Major in my junior year. I understand that transferring to CAS is basically guaranteed, and Stern is a little more tricky because of how competitive it is, but Iā€™m not super clear about Steinhardt and I was wondering if anybody knows? Is it a guaranteed transfer into liberal arts major at Steinhardt with successful completion of LS (and the requirements to go into that major) or do I have to reapply without a guarantee?

hi! I just got off the waitlist today for spring ls. my first choice was steinhardt MCC, and Iā€™m assuming that since this is a smaller program, not many spots, if any at all, were open for this major. i think thatā€™s probably why i got admitted to ls? Iā€™m not sure if anyone else that got off today was in a similar situation or not, but this seems like a good explanation as to why people were admitted to ls when it was not their first choice. Iā€™m happy to answer any other questions as well

I think that you would be able to transfer into steinhardt! the only hard one is probably stern like you said

Everyone that did get off today was LS spring. Fall is next week for other schools

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, who else has NYUSH as one of their choices on the form?

1 Like

Iā€™m an international student and my first choice is Gallatin, however I also marked Stern, CAS and Tisch. Iā€™m still waiting to hear back from the waitlist but I just wanted to tell you that one of my friends from Panama got off Sternā€™s waitlist on Tuesday and offer committed! I donā€™t know if she was the only one or what happened :slight_smile:

1 Like

*officially committed

for spring or for fall?

I have no idea, however in the picture that someone sent it says Stern doesnā€™t have spring admits.

1 Like

Seems like the wave yesterday was pretty big, lots of people i know got off. Them taking so many spring admits might point to the fact that their fall classes are full or overenrolled imo

We donā€™t have much chance

Idk if thatā€™s true. At least for the schools who donā€™t admit for the spring like stern, Gallatin, tisch etcā€¦

2 Likes

Does CAS do spring admits?