NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

The thing is i had ticked both ls and CAS, If i couldn’t get off for LS which is (supposedly) easier to get off for then CAS looks difficult

1 Like

hey guys, my friend’s counsellor spoke to an AO and they were mentioning how many students have accepted a place in NYU, but still kept their waiting spots on their ideal schools. Because of this, the waitlist for NYU can only start moving more in June :confused: The AO personally thinks it is tough to get off the waitlist this year.

i didn’t tick off LS ■■■■ ■■■■■ maybe i should’ve but

Last year the second wave was on Wednesday May 13th, so we should expect 12th May this year

2 Likes

It’s not like everyone who gets off now is going. My friend got off for LS and said no because it would cost him 80g and so in the next wave someone will take his spot. We also have not seen many kids from tandon, stern or cas so I expect next week for fall.

1 Like

tbh nobody in their right minds should spend 70-80k on a liberal arts or any arts or fine arts degree(unless they are really rich). Thats just that. I dont mean to offend anyone, but you got to think of the return on investment. I will definitely not go if my COA is that high.

edit: not liberal arts, i meant Global liberal studies

LS is liberal arts for 2 years and then your indented major for the next 2. You graduate with a CAS/Stern etc degree in your chosen major. Return on investment is (theoretically) the same

u can’t get stern degree lol through LS

1 Like

and no return on investment is worse becuz LS u gotta take the core reqs which are useless for two years whereas if u get the major for the first year at CAS, u can just focus on the subject and maybe internally transfer to stern (econ->stern)

1 Like

The classes aren’t “useless” per say you can take classes which interest you😂 also you can apply to stern after your 2 LS years so its legit the same as CAS to stern bro

1 Like

No classes are useless. Any major can earn you a job, but of course, there are some majors which make it much easier to get a job.

no not really. You have to apply to stern as an internal transfer. as far as I’ve heard its really hard. You are only guaranteed CAS.

sorry, I meant Global Liberal Studies as in the 4 year one

Yeah true but hunter said you can transfer econ-> stern, which is also an internal transfer and is just as tough as ls to stern😂

Is anyone here from India? If so, do u think our chances are lower compared to domestic students considering the country’s covid conditions and travel bans?

we have over 400k COVID cases/ day

1 Like

No bro like i said they can’t discriminate against us like that, I’m from India and i know 5+ people who got off in yesterdays wave

1 Like

Idk seems like any AO would say to not get hopes up so that they then don’t get bombarded with 100s of phone calls of complaining people (parents usually let’s be honest). @tafeer spoke to the AO and they literally said expect a lot of movement starting next week, I find that more realistic because the AO is wagering their reputation on something.

5 Likes

The AO is a direct liaison between my school and NYU, that is his only job. I think in that vein, what he said can be trusted though. He doesn’t receive phone calls from applicants outside my school. But we shall see~

So if you’re accepted into LS, you’re guaranteed a spot at CAS after two years?

1 Like

I plan on submitting a new form to add on a interested school, should I copy and paste the info that I’ve submitted on the last form on to this form in case they only read the most recent form?