NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Yo TT is the price rlly high for u. If I get in I rlly wanna go but idk if my parents can pay 70k. Also r u committing there? Finally congrats for getting in

if youā€™re talking to me, the price is quite high, but itā€™s been my dream to go for a while and nyu offers a lot of amazing opportunities so iā€™m committing. also thanks!!

@gumball0901 Congrats!!! Iā€™ve been following this thread for awhile. I was really excited to see that you got in (lol!). Fingers crossed for next week!

2 Likes

did anyone else apply to a major that required a portfolio and/or audition?

1 Like

Yeah I dod

I did

are there applicants who applied needing aid and got in off the waitlist?

1 Like

I got off the waitlist in yesterdayā€™s wave but for Steinhardt! I know some other steinhardt people got off too. Iā€™m majoring in applied psychology :smiley:

3 Likes

I want to know that actually, did any spring admits apply for financial aid?

I applied for financial aid but didnā€™t get any other than some loans and work study.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, really appreciate it. This might be sensitive information so you donā€™t need to share but what is your EFC? Iā€™m only asking because NYU is infamous for bad financial aid and I just want to gauge how much financial aid they are giving to waitlist admits.

I recall from the ED1 thread that someone had a EFC of 0 and had to pay near full price.

1 Like

i got in yesterday for spring and i didnā€™t apply for financial aid

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to say the exact number but it is relatively high so I honestly didnā€™t expect much aid in the first place.

1 Like

Isnā€™t nyu need blind for US citizens?

are you going to commit? i already committed

Nothing to do with financial aid but big respect for still being on this thread even after getting in. Itā€™s nice to possibly have familiar company for next week

1 Like

Iā€™m going to commit tonight after discussing the tuition with my family more.

of course!! i would feel better if i didnā€™t get in yet and someone who did was helping me out and answering questions. itā€™s the least i can do

1 Like

I donā€™t think NYU is need-blind for any student, but I may be wrong