NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

this doesnt change previous answers tho … just makes a new form

Wait guys am I high? Did the submit button on the forms section change from ‘submit’ to ‘submit new’?

ill be honest idek oooooof

1 Like

I thought it’s always been like that but I could be wrong

Yeah god idk if I’m just being stupid and it has been always submit new

yes they gave us 72 hours to decide

1 Like

Wait so we will not get Emails we have to check the portal? That does not seem like the process they previously indicated

could always just be an outlier, but check both just in case.

GUYS! Sent out an email last week about the waitlist movement and they just responded saying:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in New York University.

Students will be provided updates via email, please keep an eye on your inbox in the future for further information. At this time, we do not have an update for our students on the waitlist, thus we encourage students to move forward with other schools or colleges that they are just as excited about as though they may not hear from us in the very near future.

If you have any questions or concerns, you may email or call 212-998-4500 to speak with an admissions representative.

Sincerely,
Denisse Ballinas
Senior Assistant Director for Diversity Initiatives

3 Likes

Guys since the waitlist isn’t looking so hot I’m just thinking of transferring one semester into my freshmen year. It says we need 24 credits by the time we enrolll. I have 12 ap credits so far and prob will have maybe 18 credits. Does this mean I just need 12 credits my first semester of college and can just trasnfer

Last time I checked NYU will take up to 3 ap credits. Also, be aware that the Financial aid for transfers is usually only federal grants, which are usually only $5,000. They only provide institutional aid for specific programs.

Wait so it’s impassible to trasnfer out of one semester right

maybe not impossible, but difficult. And you would need to ensure that your program of interest has a spring option. You could always try to take summer classes at a community college or at your college that you have enrolled in.

Wait r u sure only 3 cause it says u can do more

I might be mistaken. Also i might be thinking about my specific program as well.

I do know you need a 4 or a 5 to get a credit for it.

It says up to 32 so idk

My mistake! you’re right lol. I might have been thinking of somewhere else.

hi! i can verify this. just called because i couldnt stand the email reply wait. the AO said that they can’t provide any updates at this point in time and to look out for our mailboxes. given the circumstances, it is unknowing whether they even need to use the waitlist at all. he advised to be happy about the school i am enrolled in.

Yeah but I’m hoping to trasnfer after a semester if this is true. I advise y’all to do the same if u rlly want to go