NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

tbh the way that they’re treating waitlisted students is making me lose a lot of my love for nyu. there hasn’t been any communication about what’s happening with us, kinda annoying

7 Likes

Dude, I feel the same way. It’s like, just tell us something. Literally anything! Like, if you are looking at the waitlist for our major, tell us. If not, tell us! If they aren’t sure quite yet, tell us!

7 Likes

Yeah any official update would be nice, especially since it’s been nine days since commitment day. It would nice not to speculate here and the update would be nice to tone down my expectations and it will allow me to let go of NYU

2 Likes

Great so we lost… Welp, stern was just a dream anyway lmao. On the positive side, at least I am not getting 80k stolen off of me every year #positivity

3 Likes

I am waiting on Comp sci At Tandon!!!

I’m not even committed to any other school cause I only got into safeties that weren’t worth the cost so I really only got NYU left.

2 Likes

Waiting on any info from CAS

I just had my friend call them as my dad. The admissions officer said that they are re evaluating right now and that everyone will get an email mid this month or end of this month the latest. I don’t know what this means…

6 Likes

oh damn… We 'bout to get rejected sooner than we expected

That’s a big bruh moment if that’s true. Hey at least they are re-evaluating people which is not a bad sign.

1 Like

I thought they don’t have an obligation to reject us? I thought we only get notified if we are accepted.

1 Like

Omg this thread reached 106 notifications :sob::sob:. I thought decisions came out or something :sob:

4 Likes

omg wait so they’re telling us not to have hopes? that’s so sad

1 Like

I called admissions and they said that they are figuring out the exact number of seats and that they are evaluating the situation and they are going to make the decision middle to end of the month. Nothing about them not having seats

12 Likes

I would literally sell my soul to get in

7 Likes

Interesting, might not expect a wave this week then but not the worst news. That information is welcoming

why not this week… its mid may starting this week technically… maybe 13th, 14th, or 15th there might be a wave

2 Likes

same 🥲

i’m really confused tho cuz my counselor told me that nyu admitted less students this year then they would usually do to keep their acceptance rate low… then doesn’t that mean they have quite a lot of space?

1 Like

Wait your right but the way you worded seemed like they are estimating the earliest time we will hear back will be mid may but that’s being optimistic about their speed