NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

It means that the decision wasn’t yet made?

That’s what I was thinking too, but there were people in ED1 who had two buttons even after getting decisions, and they were rejected.

yep

Yeah so that most likely means a decision has not been made yet, but I’m not really sure how correct that is

i’m not sure buttons matter anymore. i know a lot of ed 1 applicants that say they only disappeared the day of, but their housing status varied among others.

Hey, i was part of the ED1 batch and was accepted. The buttons did matter as the people that had one button were the ones that got in

i know a couple of people that had their buttons only disappear when they received their decision, regardless of if it was an acceptance, defer, waitlist, or denial. it seems the buttons are too unreliable and shouldn’t be taken too seriously in the housing glitch. i’d just recommend everyone checks their housing portal and fill out the form.

Here to help out my ED2 people:
I was accepted to Stern ED1 and here are the indicators I had starting 6 days before the decision date:

• One box on the portal
  • Stern email working (redirect)
  • No housing apps

any advice for non-stern applicants?

Hi everyone, I’m an EDI applicant, and I think I can share with you guys the mystery we discovered in EDI. (Because we actually did exactly the same, filling out Google forms, wondering how this ‘bottonology’ thing works, etc.)

As far as I know, there were two indicators that were proved to work, one of them is only for stern applicants.

The first indicator is about the buttons and the housing portal. In EDI, two buttons mean nothing. It is just that they have not put the result in yet. Things on the housing portal mean nothing at this point. They might change.

When one button disappeared (this happened a week before the date for EDI applicants), that probably means your decision has been made. If you have 1 button, you would probably have no application on your housing portal, and you’re in. If you have 2 buttons, you would probably have “Summer” on your housing portal, and I’m sorry. I am 1 button + no app and I was in. As far as I know, this is accurate.

According to applicants last year, having two buttons disappear plus no app means you’re accepted. This happened to us (EDI applicant) the night before the date. My and my friend’s results remain the same as the earlier. I only know a limited number of applicants so there might be some other exceptions. So, don’t panic, everyone will be fine.

The second indicator is the Stern one. There might be changes and inaccuracies for the first indicator, but this one would be much clearer. Stern applicants can try to log in to the gmail using their NYU Net ID. And if the page redirects, they’re in. This works for EDI and it was believed to be accurate.

I hope this can be helpful. But anyway, you’ll be fine. Getting into a college will not affect how you have a wonderful life. So, stay positive guys!

1 Like

My friend who applied for CS got rejected and had two buttons until the day of decisions and had Spring 2022 on housing.

My other friend who applied for Gallatin got accepted and had 1 button and no housing apps.

So the Stern email thing didn’t work before those 6 days? Thanks for helping us ED2 students btw!

Yep, first day it worked for me was December 9th!

1 Like

Oh alright. Tysm!

So you think we should wait until the buttons disappear to make our conclusion? what if that doesn’t happen until the 16th?

He applied to Tandon?

wym?

People’s buttons all disappear near the end. But only some of them had one buttons in the beginning. So the changes are either one button to none or two to none. The two to none are the ones that either got deferred or rejected

What do you mean near the end?

Did anyone have their buttons changed 2 to 1 as of now, or not yet?