NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

If you mean the email thing it only works for Stern applicants because they have a special email extenstion. No normal nyu emails other than Stern have been activated for use yet.

4 Likes

yeah lmao, there is the one/two button thing in the portal and the whole housing applications thing, but no clue if those are good indicators

1 Like

Thanks i was trying like different variations of the email trick and couldnā€™t get anything. Got super anxious lmao

1 Like

did u fill out the google forms?

1 Like

@abodega

Honestly, at this point itā€™s messy, I think itā€™s too soon to say if theyā€™re good or bad indicators and I feel like NYU would try to fix any clues they can that were present last year.

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s true. What if they flipped it all so the indicators were opposite !?! Honestly though this waiting really sucks :frowning:

2 Likes

Only two more days, we got this

6 Likes

Me and I see the summer program and have both buttons.

1 Like

does anyone know what the steinhardt ed acceptance rate is?

1 Like

I would assume an even split, but also based on the college. If you look, the ā€œOtherā€ colleges is just almost entirely one box because, I would assume, the applications under this category are under less scrutiny than say CAS or Stern.

Thereā€™s an interesting read online about how top colleges read your application [just google ā€œHow Colleges Read Your Application: A 4 Step Processā€ to read it] and one of the colleges in the article is NYU. Once again thereā€™s a lot of factors that go into this, such as the speed at which applications were read/debated over this year, if they were backlogged, if thereā€™s some trouble with financial aid, ect. However, if I were to guess, the decisions being made now means you werenā€™t good enough to automatically accept, but you werenā€™t bad enough to immediately reject and decline. This may cause a rift in the committee and lead to a split, which causes a longer decision. It may also simply be your application were one of the last ones to be read, in comparison to the amount of applications received, so it simply takes a while to loop back and finalize their decision.

I mean either that or technical issues lmao (once again, this info relies on the assumption that one box = a decision being made for you, which may not always be the case)

1 Like

What do you guys think the acceptance rate is for liberal studies core ED?

Iā€™d say 60-70% based on like the 40% overall acceptance rate

20-30% i think based on itā€™s 16% overall acceptance rate

1 Like

I did not. Iā€™ll do it after school

hey have any of you heard about the update to financial aid? thereā€™s a couple things that say nyu updated their policies to meet 100% of need-based financial aid, but they also directly state the website hasnā€™t been updated to say this (and obviously the website says they do not meet 100% of need-based aid). my family honestly canā€™t really afford nyu without a big enough financial package so iā€™ve been trying to read up on this ā€¦ i applied ed because everyone told me to, including my parents lmaoā€¦while also saying we couldnā€™t afford it. so. kinda a bad decision. i need to decline the offer if i donā€™t get enough aid so i was wondering if anyone else had heard about the change in policies

People who didnā€™t apply to stern- do you think the email indicator is a correct? It seemed to work for everyone this year

Thanks for sharing. I did not apply to stern, only wanted to see if email trick is an indicator

I do have an email in the profile that ends with @nyu; but when I verify this account, Google says it is an invalid account lol.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the hack, the hack is netid@stern.nyu.edu not just nyu.edu. The email in NYU home isnā€™t accurate