NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

im from india so it may not translate the same but here goes:
Applied to Tisch for Film and TV
Grades: 70% 9th, 91% 10th, 70% 11th, 90% 12th
No SAT
American citizen
ECs

1. Worked as an Assistant Film Director for many companies in India incl Zomato(#! food delivery company in India), Himalaya Facewash (#1 facewash company in india), Prestige Builders (top 10 real-estate companies in India)
  2. Interning at Images Advertisements (one of the biggest ad companies in India
    3)Head of Marketing at a student run NGO. Collaborated with India’s largest NGO, ‘Akshaya Patra’
  3. Won a few intl film festivals (tier 2/3)
  4. Prez of Media Committee, House Captain, Assistant Marching Band Captain
  5. Trinity College London Grade 7 certified drummer
1 Like

Are we sure two box Summer 22 is a rejection

Maybe… But maybe there are exceptions in summer portal like no application who are rejected last year

People say that NYU fixs bug, the housing portal is not a bug I think, the “no app” applicants who are rejected and the “summer” applicants who are accepted are the system’s bug…

1 Like

In my school, the statistics is more significant. We have around ten students applied. 3 has one button no app.

To be honest, from CC, there are slightly more people with no application+one button; but anywhere besides CC, I found people are saying that there are only a few people with no application+one button; like 2/10, 3/10 or some ratio like that.

I would take a bet on the results from reality lol.

You’re good! I have summer 2022 so I’m a little nervous about being denied as many people are saying 2 buttons with that housing isn’t a good sign

5 Likes

I don’t think NYU has uploaded all decisions. Two buttons mean decisions are not uploaded. They usually release acceptances first, but I have no idea if they upload acceptances first or not.

This is incorrect. Scroll up and find the spreadsheet results. If everyone with two boxes and Summer 2022 got rejected, the acceptance rate of people that applied to one of the “Other” colleges (Not Stern, CAS, or Tische) is like 90%+. And there is a sampling bias, but even then that is a huge percent.

CAS would have an acceptance rate of about 50%, Tische would be around 60%, and Stern, discounting emails, would be like 50%.

Once again, sampling bias is a thing here, but even then that’s just an insane amount.

1 Like

I agree that the reality’s statistics are more realistic, maybe we can set an investigation to see the acceptance rate of schools instead of report individaully

u cant avoid sampling bias on a forum like college confidential. Most people here have insane GPAs or insane ECs, maybe even both. So I think if u want a clearer picture ask someone outside of this groupchat of students who will only think about college admissions for the next few months

Theres definitely a higher ratio of students being accepted here than in ur respective schools

2 Likes

totally agree haha

Yeah ofc there is a higher ratio but the acceptance rates as shown are way too high… bias % is usually 10% so the current admit rates are way too high

i think nyu ed has an overall acceptance rate of 25% and based on the stats ive seen on the discord and over here more than 70 percent of u here are qualified enough in my opinion

but thats not the case in my own school

I agree that 25% is a fair number but no way 50% of people in CAS have been accepted 60% in tisch and 90+% in the others even with the sampling bias

my bad i didnt see that 90 percent were there in the others

maybe we just set up a survey asking about each school’s rate of no app and summer

This is definitely more realistic than reporting individually

I read that NYU releases rejections first from someone that currently attends the school. Hmm.

1 Like

The survey out already has those details, it just takes a bit of math to get those numbers

CAS has 14 one boxes, 18 two boxes, 1 one box w/ summer 2022 || total of 33 responses

That’s just an example from CAS (I didn’t really double check my counting)

Also for NYU releasing rejections first, that’s speculated to be on the release day, which is the 15th