NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

updated sheets; sorted by school

So I said why not and emailed the admisson offices to ask about the button changes. Will update if they respond.

1 Like

Damn really?

Yeah might as well at this point, maybe it could put some worries to rest?

1 Like

I doubt they gonna give a full response

But it might be too late for them to respond.

idk if they do respond tho then you’re the best. maybe they just patch it?

1 Like

True

looks like confirmed stern kids with email have no buttons and no apps

What does the starrez thing mean? What is starrez used for?

no clue people thought it was an indicator so i put it on the sheet

then no buttons no apps is a good sign ?

maybe :flushed: could also just be random ;-;

I want to ask again - did anyone with no buttons now have 2 buttons and summer housing until this morning?

Son’s remaining button disappeared, as did his checklist. Has always had no apps available on the housing page.

Stats/background copied from my post at the very top of the thread:

Applied to Steinhardt, intending to major in media, culture and communication and minor in sociology.

GPA: 3.58 UW, though the school said it isn’t calculating or reporting GPA and is letting colleges calculate it from the transcript. Grades 10-12 at a rigorous suburban public in Massachusetts; grade 9 at a private international school in Switzerland (we were expats there for two years; four years before that in London) [Adding: GPA should be a little higher now with his most recent grades.]

URM (Black)

Four APs: AP Chem in 11 (3 on the exam, not submitting); AP Human Geo, AP Physics, AP Stats in 12 (explained on the app that he also would have taken AP French this year but had a schedule conflict)

All honors or above otherwise in 10-12, except electives. Grade 9 in pre-IB program

SAT: 1400 (700/700); not submitting

ECs: Main is basketball — varsity 11-12, JV 10; club basketball in Switzerland, and summer travel program from Switzerland to U.S.

Co-founded architecture club (11), but decided not to pursue as a career

Summer academy at Boston Architectural College

Co-founded landscaping business

One-week internship at FIBA

LORs: History teacher, math teacher, prominent NYU law professor for whom he did a small research project last summer

Essays: I think they’re both strong. Common App is on basketball and how it both shaped and didn’t shape his identity as we moved around the world. “Why NYU” mentions his wanting a connection with his late grandfather, who went there, but focuses on what he hopes to get out of MCC and sociology

We’re full-pay, though I understand that’s not a factor in the admissions decision.

Great ! wish your son get accepted

1 Like

as a chanceme i’d say high 60-70% chance he’s getting in. His gpa is not that bad, pretty nice AP, and also demographic boost. test optional might be a bit of a downside though. Nice EC like the summer academy and landscaping and intern stuff. Also the club might be nice. the law professor rec is pretty nice, and especially the legacy thing in his essay would be amazing. The normal essay might be a bit too “normal” as many people do sports essays though. all in all i’d say he’s got a great chance especially considering this is ED. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only had one button last night and this morning no buttons

1 Like

same

same