NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Do we think that two buttons means rejection or does this depend on the school applied to?

No idea at this point

1 Like

I feel like there are so many conflicting accounts and the stats don’t quite make sense so idk

2 Likes

everything that is happening to yours is the same with mine!! (Tisch Drama)

1 Like

Hey yall! I got a likely letter for stern this morning (recruited athlete). My portal still has 2 buttons and summer app + my email doesn’t work. I think the button thing just means they haven’t inputted your decision yet and I wouldn’t worry too much about it (harder said then done, trust me I was about to explode due to anxiety over the weekend) it’s my understanding that they’re still uploading decisions and if you have 2 buttons right now it just means nothing has been inputted.

9 Likes

That puts some worries to ease, also good luck on Stern!

3 Likes

In terms of the two buttons or one buttons, it seems to really just be null in terms of what we can analyze. There is one real correlation in the data we were able to get, and it’s:

One box w/ no apps + Stern emails

Stern emails seem to be the best indicator for acceptance, for Stern, but this seems fickle because the correlation of one box w/ no apps is not 100%. A lot of this data assumes causation == correlation which is simply not true, at least when we assume the decision is the causation. Whatever caused these students to get one box w/ no apps is not a decision being inputted, as across the board, and in Stern itself, there is a lack of changing buttons as we near the deadline. If a decision being inputted can’t be proven, or viable, then surely a decision of acceptance seems even more “out there.”

Causation == correlation can still be true in this instance, say we did a lot of research and discovered like a bug is what causes it. However, us discovering a bug in NYU’s own system seems very unlikely so it’s just all speculation. And that’s why the data isn’t very useful at the current moment, because there is a lack of correlation across the board and even where there is some correlation there just isn’t a clear causation. There’s missing links that cannot be filled without pure speculation, and factors that are unknown to each individual student.

In terms of people going into the glossary and looking at the status of “candidate,” “accepted,” or whatever it may be, those are all different per word you look at. Accepts is a candidate status,
University ID is an accepted status, and so on so forth. What causes this? Once again no clue, but it’s not indicative of your admission status.

Also congrats patek lol

3 Likes

ayyy the truth speaker appears yet again

4 Likes

Was waiting for this lol

4 Likes

Can u post an excerpt of the likely?

cant confirm but I know someone who claimed to have got their decision a day before the actual date.

how

applied to CAS and I still have two buttons

All makes sense. I suppose going to no buttons and no checklist means something, as it did last year, but it’s probably just further indication of a final decision. Not sure we’re able to determine whether that’s admittance, rejection or deferral/waitlist. So we’re basically where we were all along, waiting for Wednesday afternoon.

1 Like

They claim that decisions start a few days prior but most people get on the actual day but I can’t confirm if they are lying or not.

same lol

This forum is what is getting me through the wait
thank you guys! Also if you want to drop your instas I would love to follow you guys to chat in an easier way.

2 Likes

Congratulations to future Tisch students on the huge gift the school received from George Lucas today. It will make Tisch the most interesting/preeminent/modern film school in the planet. Very awesome to read about it.

5 Likes

lol i still have 2 buttons and summer 2022

3 Likes

For anyone with summer 2022, does it allow you to fill out the summer apps? It even lets me put a $500 deposit if i wanted to