NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

how many of you guys got the fin aid indicator?

I do not think those who did not apply for financial aid can access it.

Yea looking at this spreadsheet there is nothing to be interpreted here, unfortunately. The only new info I could find is much like one box and two boxes being split across the board, so is the starrez login. I think 41 people are able to login to starrez and 41 people arenā€™t, and this is isnā€™t a 100% correlation to having one or two boxes (although people with two boxes are much likelier to be able to login).

The reason this is difficult to analyze is because weā€™re not starting at the end result and going backwards, nor are we at the beginning conditions and moving forward. Trying to start in the middle of the process and assume an outcome, while also trying to figure out the conditions that produce said outcome, is not very easy and would require a lot of trial and error type of testing (which we simply canā€™t do).

Looks like weā€™re simply going to have to wait until tomorrow, so gl everyone!

Also for the person with the financial aid, Iā€™m not quite sure. In cases of extreme outliers, they should probably be viewed as exceptions to the rule. If only one person, maybe even two or three, are the only ones able to access the financial aid stuff out of the pool of roughly 100 people here, theyā€™re simply viewed as exceptions to the rule. Exceptions to the rule arenā€™t just purely exceptions, but there are circumstances and conditions that caused this to happen, which we simply donā€™t know what they are.

Another way to think about it is necessary v.s. sufficient conditions. A necessary condition must be present for an event to occur, while sufficient conditions are what causes the event to occur. Necessary conditions alone cannot cause the event to happen. Basically, you need X for Z, but without Y then Z cannot be guaranteed to happen.

Letā€™s say our event is to be able to access financial aid details. Simply being accepted, our necessary condition, is not the sole cause for being able to access financial aid details or else a lot more people here would be able to access it (unless they are legitimately the only ones here accepted). Therefore, there are sufficient conditions that must be met in order to be able to access the details. What are those sufficient conditions? We simply donā€™t know. (Also, this simply applies to right now, as people that are fully accepted by tomorrow and after will probably be able to access this with ease.)

Nonetheless, this most likely is overthinking and I think calling it a bug is much easier, simpler, and clearer. Also because itā€™s only happened to one person so far. I would say itā€™s a really good sign for them, though.

11 Likes

GUYS THE ā€œdecisions will be released by December 15ā€ button disappeared for me

same

sameā€¦

for everyone i thinkā€¦

1 Like

sameee omg im panicking

ima be honest i dont even know what button yall are talking about :sob: im not posting until tomorrow and if im rejected well ima give my well wishes then be on my way

once again, good luck everyone! NYU isnā€™t everything, remember that!

3 Likes

i think buttons has no meaning at this time.

3 Likes

Housing deposit shows fall 2022, summer 2022, spring 2022 for me now. all buttons still there and only summer 2022 on the housing portal

1 Like

What was it before?

It didnā€™t have fall 2022 until a few hours ago

SPS any1?

Does everyone have a fall option in the deposits section of Bursar?

I got it also

I hope this is a good signā€¦ Do you still have two buttons on your application portal? What about housing portal?

What is this button everyone is talking about?

I have two buttons on my application portal and only summer on housing portal TT
But my counselor said this year the buttons didnā€™t seem to be an accurate indicator, simply everything is quite confusing now

Hmm Iā€™m trying to stay hopefulā€¦ Fall 2022 deposit should meanā€¦ a good thing?