NYU ED I Class of 2025

oh i meant like it’s better to just get a test score once that’s good instead of taking it twice bc that’s more annoying and not worth it in my opinion but yes what you said is correct

I am domestic but I didn’t apply for CSS :confused:

oooo gotcha

1 Like

Feel like a loser now…oh well. Let’s worry about getting in first :woman_shrugging:

pray for some merit scholarships i guess? if you applied for mlk that’s a slice of hope too!

i think submitting the CSS was mandatory to get aid (financial and merit). not positive tho so someone can reply if im wrong

1 Like

They sent me multiple emails and texts about completing the CSS. Not sure if it was required but they did make sure people knew to fill it out, but I’m not 100% sure it was required.

yeah i think css, or at least from my knowledge, is like the fafsa but for private schools??? and apparently it’s a way for people that are middle/high income to get a teensy bit of money. but i don’t think it’s necessarily required, don’t talk my word for it though :grimacing:

As I understand now, not applying for it just means not to expect any kind of financial aid from NYU. For some reason, I thought NYU was need-aware and that applying for financial aid would lower my chances. I didn’t research enough.

yo gang I just got a fafsa update on the application status page.
As I mentioned earlier, I only got the update on albert but its check marked on here now

4 Likes

That’s what even I thought but that’s not how it works. Especially for early decision applicants. Actually for everyone.

Admissions committee evaluate and will indicate whether we got in or not while Financial aid committee looks into our CSS and Fafsa profile and if we get accepted then our aid and merit award will be shown. They won’t have time to check our income as well as the application together. That’s what the NYU financial aid repress told me.

6 more days max. I’m nervous at guys.

yup from what I’ve heard @Nithinng is correct…financial aid and application decision decisions are made independent of each other

1 Like

I know NYU is need blind but its a well known fact that “need blind” schools are made up of rich kids. In fact, some top tier schools are made of more people from the top 1% of wealth than those who aren’t. Its pretty easy for AO’s to determine how wealthy you are based on your location, school, extracurriculars, etc.

Decisions Tuesday they just tweeted it

1 Like

just saw - one week left guys!! good luck to everyone

yepp, really hoped it would be sooner but I’m glad we know now! Good luck everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if NYU is done with making decisions and reviewing financial aid? Bc I think I made a small mistake on fafsa but I don’t know if its worth it to call and change it now :sob: & no one contacted me about it either except for this one time nyu asked me to send in my parents taxes through IDOC but after that they didn’t say anything about my financial aid

Does anyone know if they tweeted this last year? Or is it for sure coming out on the 15th?

They tweeted it 30 minutes ago on the meetnyu twitter

1 Like