NYU ED I Class of 2025

yes

Did anyone else apply to Tisch? I’m so nervous :sob:

Hope we both get in! I did click LS as a secondary!

i applied to tisch!! i did the tisch summer hs drama program in 2019 so i hope that helps

1 Like

i hope all of us get in – we deserve it <3

3 Likes

We’re all anxious, but at this point all we can do it wait- there’s no point in losing sleep over something we can’t change now! Best of luck to everyone! 6 more days…

4 Likes

Hi! Chance me!
I applied to Stern for Business w Core Concentration.

Demographics
Ethnicity: Chinese
School Type: Large, public school (2400+ students, ~50% Asian)
Income: 200K
Hooks: None

Stats
GPA: Cumulative UW = 3.969 (school doesn’t do weighted) UW 10-12 A-G (UCs) = 3.944 (B in 11th grade) - GPA is going down rn b/c of AP Lit and Physics 1
Testing: I sent May 2020 5 AP Lang, 5 AP Calc, 4 APUSH
Oct ACT - 34 (35 English, 35 Math, 32 Reading, 34 Science); Nov SAT - 1510 (1530 Superscored: 730 ERW, 800 Math) - I really regret not sending these even tho the Oct ACT came out a few days after the deadline :sob::sob::sob:

ECs and Awards
Somewhere btw weak and mediocre 3/10
ECs: FBLA, FNHS, CSF (California Scholarship Federation), research project, lots of volunteer
Awards: FBLA, volunteer, dance, AP Scholar

Essays and LoRs
Accounting teacher 5/10
Guidance counselor (school has a 600:1 ratio) 5/10
Common App - 5/10 I wrote about a research project, internship I did at a crypto startup (related to carbon trading) + how it fueled my interest in climate change (esp after years of CA wildfires), and steps I took to be more socially responsible
Why NYU - 6/10 I wrote about merging my interests in business and sustainability through NYU Stern’s interdisciplinary curriculum, clubs, and study abroad program

1 Like

I applied for collaborative arts!

1 Like

I applied dramatic writing and did an online program this summer so we’re almost in the same boat! :slight_smile: I really hope it helps too

Stern is very competitive, your stats are good, but NYU does holistic review and essays/ec could potentially hurt you. Overall with ED I think you have a good chance, but, who knows what this year’s ED pool size/acceptance rate will look like.

2 Likes

does anyone know how selective the MLK scholars group is? in my essay I wrote about a school fellowship I’m a part of right now that sounded similar to the program and im really hoping I get in (also for the financial aid part of it would play a big role in if I can afford/attend NYU)

2 Likes

hi!!! did any of you guys apply to gallatin? Im gettting kinda nervous with how close we’re coming to decision day. i read that gallatin is the easiest to get into but i dont know if thats exactly true

ayy im from the chicago suburbs too with similar stats!!

NYU actually has their MLK scholars listed on their website. From the looks of it about 20-30 people get selected for each class so it is super competitive

2 Likes

Is there anyone else besides me and @moistegg03 applying for nursing lol

1 Like

hey! i’m applying to gallatin too :slight_smile: GLS and LS are arguably the easiest (as i’ve heard), a senior told me that gallatin is becoming more selective with each year because of their small cohort size :confused:

1 Like

is it true that the first wave of decision letters are usually rejections? i saw someone mention that on reddit 0.0

3 Likes

I don’t think this is completely accurate. My brother was an ED II applicant in 2018 and was accepted during the first wave of decisions I believe. I also checked out some old threads for EDI applicants and it didn’t follow that pattern!

1 Like

fr i haven’t seen anyone except us that’s both scary and relieving

1 Like

When I tried logging into the portal today, it asked me to set up a two factor authentication. Normally it skips over that but today it asked me to. Did anyone else get that?